Chapter 16 - Hatred

Rashmi's anger was rising with his each word and she spitted out, "Samrat, I respect you for your age and position but if you don't want me to kill that sister of mine, so soon, then please leave your idea of making me as your grandson's primary wife".  Samrat was shocked to hear her words and her red eyes which held so much anger, proved that her words are not just a threat.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rashmi quickly left the temple leaving Samrat in a stunned silence.  Meghnath came near him and asked, "What happened, Dada shree (grandfather)?".  Samrat sighed and said, "She refused.  Her anger doesn't seem like it's just because of her closed one's betrayal but much more than that.  It's like years of pent up anger suddenly burst and now that has shaped her personality into a totally new person". 

Then they left the academy premises and reached the palace where Dakshesh was waiting along with Samragyi and his parents.  Samrat sighed and said, "Rajkumari Rashmi didn't accept to enter the palace.  She is not even ready to listen my words".  Dakshesh was angry and left to his chamber.

Meghnath and others also left towards their chamber leaving Samrat and Samragyi alone.  Samrat asked, "Why is Dakshesh still here? I asked him to leave for the academy and not to come here often".  Samragyi replied with a worried sigh, "He is too eager to bring Rajkumari Charusheela into the palace".

Samrat sat down on the couch with a worried face and rubbed his forehead while thinking about a solution.  He said, "When we know that Rashmi is his soulmate, we cannot allow Charusheela as his secondary wife before bringing his primary wife.  The situation wouldn't have been complicated if he had not discovered his soulmate yet.  It wouldn't be a problem to bring a secondary wife before primary wife".

Samragyi nodded at his words and said, "I don't know why Rashmi is so stubborn on this matter.  If not now, then later Dakshesh will anyways have some secondary wives right".  Samrat looked at her and said, "Your daughter is more stubborn and dangerous than Rashmi". 

Samragyi couldn't counter his words and kept quiet.  He continued, "Even Kalindi had been marked at a very young age.  Much younger than Rashmi.  I couldn't imagine what she would have felt if her husband chose some other girl, while she had been waiting for him all through her adolescent years".  Samragyi understood his point and just prayed that these issues get resolved quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rashmi's Chamber

Rashmi came back to her chamber and flung away the shawl which covered her upper body and sat on the bed, with her back towards Agneya.  He was keenly observing her mark which had many intricate designs in it.  Feeling his gaze on her, she opened the curtains around the bed and laid down, with her back facing him.

Agneya questioned, "What is the matter?".  Rashmi sighed and rudely said, "Just go and sleep".  After saying so, Rashmi tried to divert her mind from the conversation with Samrat but was unsuccessful.  Suddenly she felt the bed dip behind her and just turned her head back to look at him.

Agneya sat on the bed in the right end whereas she was lying on the left end of the bed.  Rashmi fully turned and now rested on her back and asked in surprise, "What are you doing here?".   He just sat there with one leg folded on the bed and the other leg touching the floor and kept looking at her without asking anything.

Rashmi waited for his answer but got irritated with his stare and silence.  As she was about to sit up, he came above her with his hands on either side of her face and said, "Now tell me what happened at the temple".  She kept looking at him, and realised that although he was almost hovering over her, not even an inch was touching her body.

Rashmi felt his breath on her face and said with a stutter, "Samrat asked me to enter the palace as his pampered grandson's primary wife.  So that he can take my sister in".  Her dazed look changed as she felt his expression change from calm and composed look to a furious one.  As he quickly got out of the bed and turned to go back, she held his hand while still laying in the bed.

Agni didn't turn back as he was one step away from going back to the Royal Palace and tell Samrat to stay away from his future wife.  Rashmi requested, "I know you want to confess the truth to them and put a full stop to any further conversation on the old matters.  But I have declared my stance on this without exposing the truth.  We don't need them to tell us what to do in our lives, right.  So please calm down and let this matter go". 

Agneya calmed down after feeling her pressing his hand and looked back at her.  She let go off his hand and he went back to the couch and then said, "I do agree with your words but if another time, anything as such happens then I think we should let them know about us being soulmates".  Rashmi sighed and agreed with him.

The next day, both Charu and Rashmi attended their class, while Agni attended another class.  After their class, Dakshesh blocked Rashmi's way which brought attention of others surrounding them.  Even Charu noticed it and stopped near them.  Dakshesh said, "Why did you refuse Samrat's order yesterday?  You don't want me and Sheela to be together, do you?".

Rashmi smirked at him and said, "Ofcourse I don't want you both to be happy.  I have all the curse words for you two.  Infact you both should rot in hell".  Dakshesh was getting angry with her each word but Charu held his hands to keep his anger under control and then said, "Didi, I know that you feel betrayed by us.  But what is your future didi?  Ultimately you have to marry only Rajkumar Dakshesh.  Please consider about this again". 

As charu was about to leave along with Dakshesh, Rashmi snapped her fingers to bring her attention back to her and then said, "I don't need to make any ultimate decision of marrying him".  She pointed towards Dakshesh at the end and then told Charu, "I know about my future.  I have a kingdom to rule". 

Then Rashmi looked at Dakshesh and said, "And I am sure that God had planned a better and worthy future for me".  Without waiting for their answer, she left the two and went back to her chamber.  While going to the chamber, She thought, "I don't know when, but your death will be in my hands, my sweet sister".

At night, Agneya came to her chamber as usual but Rashmi was not in sight.  Just then he heard the bathroom door open and just turned to the other side as he had first hand experience in how she comes out of the bathing room.  He kept hearing her anklets sound, which didn't stop anywhere and was coming near him.  "Did she keep her clothes on the bed?  This girl is so careless", Agneya thought to himself.  Meanwhile the anklet sound came very close to him and his heart beat began to go haywire.

Glossary:
Samrat - Emperor
Samragyi - Empress
Rajkumar - Prince
Bratashree - Brother
Bhabhishree - sister-in-law
Acharya - Master/Teacher
Mamashree - Uncle (Mother's Brother)
Mamishree - Aunt (Mother's brother's wife)
Bade - elder or big
Chote - younger or small

-----------------------------------------------------------

Precap:

Rashmi asked, "So how many women did you keep in your palace, back in your realm?". 

Hi guys,

Hope you like the chapter.  Do vote and comment.

Word count: 1250

Thanks,
SM.