Scene 076

Scene 076

Santi was in the transporter room waiting for the High Medic. She wasn't happy to be in this position. Someone is going to get hurt, thought Santi. She watched as the High Medic materialized upon the transporter's platform.

A woman dressed in white and silver stepped down from the platform. She had the look of a white Siamese Cat on a wet hair day. "Where is everyone?" she asked.

"Everyone is either in bed or at their stations," explained Santi. She quickly shut down the transporter.

"What do you mean?" came more a statement than a question. "You didn't tell Dammarow Heir that I was arriving today?" The High Medic's gray eyes flashed.

Calmly Santi looked the High Medic over. "No, I didn't. I was hoping, you would change your mind and wait until we reached Valdiar," said Santi. She walked quickly out of the transporter room.

Santi waited for the High Medic to join her in Engineering by the lift so they could go to the Medical Bay. "Tell me. The High Medic is not here," said Cat. She knew full well the answer to her question. She wanted to cause a little mischief. It was boring just monitoring the engine.

"Yes, I am," said the High Medic. She walked toward the lift.

"Dam is not going to like this," Cat said. "Amy will not let you push her around either. That one is just ready to go with the slightest spark."

The High Medic drew herself up to her full height. She squared her shoulders even more, and pushed the lift button. Santi looked toward the ceiling, rolled her eyes, and let out a huge sigh. This is not going to be easy; thought Santi as she joined the High Medic in the lift.

* * *

Kronk was waiting for the lift as the doors opened, a look of shock crossed his face, as the High Medic and Santi exited the lift. "Ladies," he said with a nod of his head.

The High Medic walked past Kronk, without acknowledging him. Santi paused to give him a small tight smile and a shrug. She followed the High Medic to the Medical Facilities.

Kronk gave a shake of his head and entered the lift.

As the door closed to the Medical Facility, the High Medic turned to Santi. "What is the meaning of not telling Dammarow Heir, I was arriving today?"

Santi walked over and sat at her desk. Santi took a deep breath. "There was no hidden objective. I just felt. Dam and Amy didn't need to know at this important time in their mating of your arrival. I didn't want to speed anything up or put it behind schedule," Santi stated the facts as she saw them.

"You think I would cause either of these two options to accrue?" asked the High Medic. She turned away from Santi's desk with a sharp snap of her cloak.

"It is a well-known fact. You and Dam at one time spent a lot of private time together. It is also a well-known fact, you were hoping Dam would never be able to go after his mate. You hoped he would have to choose a female from Valdiar," Santi said with darning. "Causing trouble is the only thing I see you doing."

Anger filled the High Medic's face. "I will have you expelled from the Medics."

"Just to warn you," Cat came over the speakers. "Everything you do or say on this ship will be monitored, High Medic."

Snarling the High Medic sat down across the desk from Santi. It took her a few moments to gather herself. "Where is Dammarow Heir?"

"Dam is now in Amy's cabin," Cat said smugly.

"He always was an early riser," said the High Medic.

A chuckle came from Cat. "You could say so. He has been there for the last four hours and has not been awake during most of the time."

"What!" exclaimed the High Medic. She jumped to her feet. "Where is Amy's cabin?"

"It is across the hall," said Cat. Cat watched the High Medic leave the Medical Facility.

"You couldn't help yourself, could you?" said Santi. She hurried after the High Medic hoping to catch her before she entered Amy's room.

"Things needed more of a nudge," said Cat. She jumped to Amy's room.

Santi caught up with the High Medic as she rang Amy's doorbell. The High Medic turned to Santi with her finger still in the bell. "This door refused to open on my command."

"The only people that can open this door are Amy, Dam, and Cat," explained Santi. She looked the High Medic straight in the eye. "This order came from Dammarow Heir before the ship left." She turned to watch the door. Santi didn't like the look in the High Medic's eyes.