Family Ties

Chapter Five

3rd person POV

Nina wakes up from a startling bang from downstairs. She jumped out of bed thinking it was her twin brother. She calls for his name, "Jeremy?" Nina sees a black shadow go by her stairs.

Following the direction of the shadow Nina walks down the stairs and into the living room, "The wild animal that has been terrorizing the citizens of Mystic Falls has claimed another person. A student named Nina Gilbert, daughter of Grayson Gilbert and Miranda Sommers Gilbert." Nina gasped as she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"You know what's coming now." Damon said and his once beautiful face became monstrous.

She gasped and sprinted to the front door, "Oh god, oh god!" She whispered to herself and quickly opened the front door. When she opened it, he was there and he flared his sharp fangs at her.

She screamed and turned around to see his shadowy shape, she screamed louder, tears falling out her eyes. "No no it's not real! Please don't let it be real!" She whispered to herself as she opened her eyes to find Damon out of sight.

She walked away from the door looking to her right but suddenly she was grabbed by the neck with rough hands. She screamed and felt the life being sucked out of her.

END OF DREAM

Nina woke up screaming, her forehead covered in sweat. "Nina!" She heard yelling as Elena ran in her room with Stefan.

"What happened? Are you ok?!" Elena hugged her, sitting on her bed.

Nina was breathing heavily, "I-I'm fine...I'm fine just a bad dream." She said, her eyes tearing up.

"Nina, what was the dream about that scared you so much?" Stefan asked sitting on the edge of the bed, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Vampires."

Nina's POV

I was sitting at the diner table with Bonnie and Elena. I seriously had no idea what they were talking about because I was too busy thinking about the horrifying dream I had. Damon's face, his voice, his smirk and everything about him gave me the chills. I literally only met him once.

"Hey, Nina are you ok?" Bonnie asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a really bad dream." I said, quickly picking a nail color for the Founders Party.

"Thanks for the ride Stefan and I'm sorry for having to come like third wheel."

"Look it's my pleasure to take yet another beautiful girl to the founders party." Elena glared earning a laugh from Stefan and I.

When we arrived, a few people stared and that's probably because I came in alone, while Elena was with Stefan. "Hello dear." I turned to see Mrs. Lockwood smiling, her fakeness was greatly appreciated.

"Hello Mrs. Lockwood," I said smiling back fakely.

"I saw Elena with her date. Oh what a handsome boy, isn't he?" She said and I nodded as she looked left and right trying to find Elena and Stefan.

"Where is your date?" I sighed and smiled my practiced fake smile.

"Well, um you see-" I jumped as an arm went around my waist.

"He is right here!" I looked up at a smirking Damon, he had a soft hold on my waist.

"Sorry honey, I was getting punch. Delicious punch by the way Mrs-" he said looking at her, acting like he didn't know who she was.

"Mrs. Lockwood, I'm the wife of-" Mrs. Lockwood spoke with confidence and looked at me and Damon like we were below her.

"Yeah Yeah like I really care." My eyes widened as I looking at Damon hiding my laughing. "Come beautiful let's get you a drink." Damon said, pulling me away from her and in an empty room.

I laughed, holding my stomach "Damon that was so rude!" I slapped his shoulder, "But funny." I smiled and he smirked. I remembered his face in my dreams and a frown came to my face.

"Are you ok?" He asked worried. I nodded stepping away from him, holding my hand up.

"Yes, I'm fine" He stepped closer his eyes full of worry. "Damon" I could feel his cold breath against my cheeks causing goosebumps to appear on my arms. "Something about you, scares me"

"Well I'm sorry for scaring you so much." He said offended turning to leave. But before he could Elena appeared a few feet away from us. She spotted us and her expression freaked me out, she was furious her eyes sending daggers to Damon. "YOU" She stomped over to us and slapped Damon, I gasped looking to see what he would do.

"You! Whatever you're doing to Caroline, you better stop or I will tell her mother, the sheriff!" She said, angrily.

"Elena, what are you talking about?" She looked at me like she never realized I was there. "Damon what's going on?"

He looked at me, his face on serious mode. "Nina-"

"He is hurting Caroline! I saw bite marks all over her!" She said and stomped off leaving me alone with Damon.

"Is she telling the truth Damon?" I said with a hurt voice.

He looked at me and than down to the floor "You...you...you're a monster!" I said and remembered my dream. My hand raised from my side, lifting up in the air but before I could even strike him, I stopped and shook my hand. "You're not worth it."

~~

Sorry its so short! hoped you enjoyed this chapter !

thx for reading

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment &

Share