Children Of The Damned

Chapter 16

"What are you guys talking about?" I walk in on a heated conversation between Elena and Stefan.

Elena sighs "Stefan.."

"Nina I have to tell you something" he stops and looks straight into my eyes "But you can't tell Damon" I nodded and walked over to them.

"Stefan you can trust me" I said nodding.

"Damon thinks me and Elena are going to help him break Katherine out of the tomb" He explained.

"Wait. So you aren't gonna help him?" they shook their heads. What a mess.

"He can't help Katherine because it's not just her in there. There are so many more blood thirsty vampires in there. We can't set them all free" Even though it sucks he is right. We can't do what Damon wants. The whole town would be in trouble.

"So what's the plan?" I ask.

"You're in?" Elena was surprised and I have no idea why because who the hell would want to set dozen of vampires free in their own town?

"Look I may be Damon's friend but I sure am not going to set all those vampires loose" I said.

Stefan nodded "Ok. Now here's the plan"

"I'm home! Jenna?" mhm that smell. Jenna must be making dinner.

"In here!" I hear her voice in the kitchen and smile. Wait. Jenna can't cook.

I walked into the kitchen and see Jenna sitting on the kitchen counter and Damon over the stove stirring something that had smoke rising from it.

"Damon?" He smiles at me waving. He looked somewhat normal. Damon looked as handsome as ever. I know he supposedly isn't a good guy but I can't help but be attracted to him.

"Hey Nina" Jenna says hoping off the counter.

"What is Damon doing here?" I ask her quietly knowing that Damon can hear me clearly.

"He wanted to cook dinner and since I can't cook I let him" she explained.

I walked over to Damon and looked into a steamy pot. "What are you making?"

"Sauce for the pasta" he said smiling.

"Looks chunky" I tried to keep from smiling.

"It's not done yet princess" he lifted the spoon from the pot bringing it close to my face. "Taste it" he put his hand under the spoon careful not to spill and brought it up to my mouth.

The sauce was hot so I scrunched my face. He chuckled "Hey don't laugh" I glared.

"How is it?" He asked actually wanting to know what I thought.

"It's good" I answered truthfully meeting his eyes. He was watching my reaction. So cute. I shook my head "I'm gonna get the plates" I say quickly. "Is Stefan coming?" Stefan probably was since he wouldn't leave me alone with Damon.

"Yeah" he said chopping the tomatoes.

I grab plates and place them on the dinning table. "Speaking of Stefan" I looked up to meet his eyes which were squinting. "Can I trust him?" I froze in my spot, taking a moment to gather myself.

"Yes" I say quickly. God I'm a horrible liar. I look back down at the table cursing myself out for being so naive.

I feel his dark aura behind me causing tingles deep in my stomach. "Nina" My name rolled off his tongue perfectly.

I turn to him and look up at him. Breath Nina. Breath. He looked into my eyes and I looked into his too seeing a speck of green. "Can I trust Stefan?" He's not compelling me.

The Gilbert Sister // The Vampire diaries [1]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara