The Past Catches Up

I jerked back, and raised my eyebrows. Cam groaned, putting his head in his hands. I wasn't that terrible of a kisser was I? He'd been the one to kiss me, and he was acting as if I had pounced him and disgusted him with my cherry flavoured lips (I loved cherry flavoured lipbalm).

"Look, I'm sorry I have to let you down like this, Serena. But it'll never work out," Cam finally looked up and lightly caressed my face with his thumb, "you're beautiful, smart and great, trust me. It's me not you!"

I held up my hand, shushing him. I tried to process what he was saying. I finally reached the conclusion he was attempting to dump me. I wasn't sure if I should be amused or insulted. And did he seriously use the line '"it's me, not you?'. Please, that was the oldest line in the book for "I'm so not interested". I was about to have a little rage at him, but then I saw the heartbreak in his big brown eyes.

"Oh, come here," I said, enveloping him in a huge hug.

"You aren't mad?" Cam asked in disbelief.

"No," I assured him, letting him go from my tight hug and smiling at him, "I think you were sweet to let me down like that, but you'll be glad to know I don't see you in that light."

Cam frowned at me, as if he couldn't believe it that one female in the entire population was not into him. I adored him, I really did, but he was little delusional. I laughed out loud, thinking back at the line "it's me, not you". There was something hilarious about that comment. I squeezed his hand before jumping off the bed happily.

"I'm going to start to get ready for the party," I informed him, skipping to his door.

"Ok!"

As I shut the door Cam apologized and shouted that he loved me. I smiled, thinking that if I had had a brother, he would've been like Cam in every single way (except hopefully he wouldn't kiss me and then try to peg it off as if I had been heavily hitting on him. Boys). Ruefully I shook my head and jogged to the fridge to collect one of my treasured Dr. Pepper's.

The frontdoor swung open and Ace walked in, his grouchy expression in place as usual. He scoffed in disgust at my Dr. Pepper and then walked in his confident swagger (which was enough to make lesser mortals swoon, let me assure you), to the fridge. He placed his big feet at either side of mine and reached over me to grab a coca cola.

Our torsos were pressed together and my heart was beating a mile a minute. I wondered if he was doing this on purpose, to get me all flustered. Didn't he have a girlfriend he could do this to? He was worse than my aunt's chihuahua, who constantly attempted to make love to everyone's legs.

Ace didn't step back, and opened the coke with a grin on his devilishly handsome face. I did the same with my Dr. Pepper and held his gaze, detirmined I was not going to lose the game. I had won many pie eating competitions, I could put Dean from Supernatural to shame. After ten minutes of a very tough staring competition, Cam walked out of his room.

"What on earth are you guys doing now?" he snorted.

"Go away," Ace and I said in unison, without breaking eye contact.

"Don't be mad, mommy and daddy!" Cam said in a whiny little kids voice.

Ugh I really didn't understand why Ace and I were seen as 'mommy and daddy'. The front door was thrown open once again and Zac walked in, a smile on his lips which so wide it was almost bursting at the seams, and two attractive ladies on his arms.

"Stella, Maria and I will be in my room," Zac said in a highly suggestive voice.

Ace and I turned to look at him. My hand was on my hip, and Ace had his arms crossed.