Hi Mommy

I yawned as I left work. It had been a tough day, pretending I had no idea who the One Direction guys were. I mean to just hand them coffee and see the back of them without once screaming 'I like spoons too!' was pretty damn difficult. But oh well, at least Ryan Reynolds had winked at me when I had given his change back. I would savour that wink forever.

I walked home, picking up some lettuce on the way. THese guys solely survived on Nachos and Chinese takeaway. Had they ever even heard of salad? I shook my head ruefully and jogged up to the appartment, letting myself in. I threw open the door....

And I gawped.

Cam was sitting on the sofa uncomfortably, Zac was leaning against the armrest sipping a drink with a nervous expression on his face, and Ace was pouring a drink for someone. And that someone was sitting on the sofa next to Cam with a thunderous expression on her face. I let the door shut behind me with a small whimper.

"Hi, mommy," I said with a sheepish grin.

"Serena," she begun but then she cut off her sentence, took a deep breath and started again, "Serena Jones..."

"Do you like the place?" I asked quickly before she could continue, "Sorry that it's so messy! I've been trying to learn how to vaccum... ha... ha?"

I looked at her hopefully and she remained sitting there with a real 'What the hell are you on about' look on her face. I sat down on the sofa opposite her and Zac reluctantly came to sit beside me, leaving a wide bearth of space between the two of us. Oh dear, this was more awkward then when Kayne stole the microphone from Taylor Swift and told her she didn't deserve the award. My mom had never looked so angry in her entire life.

"I've come to take you home. New York is no place for an eighteen year old girl," my mom told me, taking the drink from Ace, "Especially by herself."

"Um mom... You did promise me I could try..." I said.

"I had no idea you'd go through with this lunacy! You are coming home and you are going to the universty you signed up for - "

"No, I'm not!" I said angrily, standing up.

I loved my mom more than anything in the world. She'd made me, something I deeply appreciated but this was a step too far. I had my own life to lead! It wasn't as if I was doing something completely reckless like shaving off all my hair and breaking car windows... ahem, Britney Spears... All I had done was drop out of college, left my home and only leaving a note, moving to New York, moving in with three guys, two of which I had never even met before... Wait... this wasn't sounding too good. Um, well! At least I wasn't breaking car windows!

My mom stood up as well. Her long blonde hair was tied behind her in a ponytail, her icy blue eyes narrowed in two slits and her arms crossed. My mom was a tough woman and I usaully didn't dare to cross her, but I was an adult.

"Serena I am giving you ten seconds to change your mind," she said coldly.

"Well you can count to a hundred and I still won't!"

"You are behaving like an immature three year old!" she shouted at me, throwing up her hands, "I came all this way to collect you and now you pull this on me!"

"It was nice of you to bother but I don't want to go home!"

"You have have the town worried sick, you take off without a word and -"

"Actually, I left you a hundred and fifty nine words. Go home and count all the words in the letter I wrote you, and you'll see I'm right. Now mom, I love you but there is no reason for you to be here. I have a job, I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach," I said coldly, "Now if all you are going to do is shout at me, then leave."