Chapter Twenty-Two | Ain't Too Proud to Beg

Twenty-Two:

"Audrey, I'm gonna chuck your phone out the window if you don't answer it right now."

Lauren's irritated voice was the first thing that greeted me when I woke up, before the pounding headache set in. I rolled over to face her, groaning when the movement made my head literally throb.

"I mean it, god damn it." Lauren reached over and grabbed my phone from the bedside table, the obnoxious ringing finally registering with my ears as she tossed it at me.

I answered it without reading the screen, swinging my wobbly legs over the edge of the bed and standing up. "Hello?" I croaked, my voice coming out cracked.

"Audrey, honey, are you okay?" My mom's voice came through the speaker loudly, making me cringe.

Lauren grumpily pointed at the door, gesturing for me to take my conversation elsewhere, before promptly burying her face back into her pillow.

"Hi, mom," I garbled, massaging my temple with my free hand as I stepped out of the brightly-lit room.

"How are you doing? You sound sick." She said, her voice laced with concern.

I dizzily made my way down the dim hallway, sighing with relief when I made it to the empty living room. "I'm fine, I just need some water." I muttered, deciding it was better not to mention that I was experiencing my first hangover.

"Oh, well, how's the trip going? Are you having fun?"

"Mom," I whined, glancing at the large clock that hung over the flat-screen. "It's barely seven in the morning, I just woke up."

"Is it really?" She sounded shocked. "I'm so sorry, baby! I just got back from my morning run and I thought it was later!"

I collapsed onto the leather couch, toying with the drawstring of my flannel pajama bottoms. "It's okay, I'm just tired. But yeah, it's pretty fun."

"I'm glad! I guess I better get ready for work pretty soon."

"Oh yeah," I said with a yawn. "It's Monday."

"It is. But you girls just enjoy your winter break! I'll call you back on your birthday, sweetie!"

"Love you," I murmured, closing my eyes.

After hanging up, I stood up again, walking across the small space to the cabins kitchen area.

I pulled a glass from the nearest cabinet, filling it with water and downing the whole thing. The liquid soothed my burning throat, monetarily distracting me from the throbbing pain in my temples.

"Crazy night?" I looked up from the rim of my glass as I drank to see Will standing a few feet away.

"You could say that," I muttered, placing the glass on the marble counter.

"I bet," Will grinned, stretching his arms over his head. "Trent said you got a little crazy last night."

I crossed my arms with narrowed eyes. "He said that?" Vague memories of last night resurfaced in my mind, and I knew I'd definitely talked to him.

Will shrugged. "Something like that. Anyhow, I happen to be a pro at hangovers and curing them, if you want some help."

I cracked half a smile. "Help would be great. Did I mention I'm never drinking again?"

He laughed, reaching and opening the top cabinet. "We'll see, that's what everybody says."

"But I mean it," I said stubbornly, watching as he shook two aspirin from a bottle and placed them on the counter. "What are you even doing up?" I asked.