Chapter 16 - Plan mode : ON

Katherine's POV

I looked at the mirror one more time , straightening my grey knee-length skirt , checking my hair and last make up touches .

I think it took me like two hours to decide what to wear today.

Well, i am trying to look presentable as much as possible.

With one deep breath i went out of the room , Caleb was sitting on the couch waiting with a big frown on his face.

He looked at me and his expression changed from irritated to something i couldn't point out , He shook his head , stood shoving his hands in his front pockets, "Well , someone is taking this seriously." He said mockingly.

I just rolled my eyes at his stupid comment.

"Katherine you know we can cancel this now , before you start regretting it." He said trying to walk me out of it but i simply just shook my head.

"We discussed this before , and i think i made it clear that i wont back up , i have to do this and i will , doing this will help me move on." If that is even possible , i mumbled the last part for myself .

"But.."

"Caleb !" I said annoyed, "Don't let me regret telling you , i will do this okay. End of discussion."

When i told him about my plan , he went crazy and started shouting and screaming trying to convince me otherwise , but i didn't listen to him because i know exactly how i am going to do this.

After many arguments, thankfully, i was able to convince him , because he knows if he didn't help , i'll do this on my own. And my plan is a better option because Ashton doesn't know me or know that i was close to Chase , but he knows Caleb very well, so i can do this better without exposing ourselves.

"Okay lets go or i will be late." I said garbing the file containing my CV and other important documents that proves my experience, well they are fake for sure because the only place i worked at was Chase's company but i cant let Ashton know that , if i have to do this i have to do everything in the right way leaving nothing for him to question.

I went out of the house , locking the door behind me.

'Okay lets do this ! I mentally encouraged myself.

Caleb was standing waiting for me with the same poker face , i smiled to assure him that it will be okay but this frown is stuck on his face.

"I am helping you , but that doesn't mean i am okay with this." He said still frowning.

God ! This frown will kill me.

"Ugh ! Come on" I said pushing him as we started walking toward the car.

"By the way -" he cleared his throat, "You look beautiful." He said before entering the car.

Wasn't he shouting at me like two minutes ago-

Bipolar much ?

On our way , i was just thinking about what i should do , and how i will act because if this first part is finished , then everything will be easy.