Methods&Techniques - Body Language 1

//Hello, again. This part will be separated in to two (or more) parts, as you can see it says '1'. I'll leave you to read, learn and, maybe, enjoy. Plus, some of these might sound easy and well known, it's possible for you to say, and not surprising, 'this is too obvious to see'. But sometimes the knowledge is still good, even when that thing is very easy and can be understood quickly.//

Upper Body Parts

When one's arms are folded that means that there is a sort of barrier between them and their surroundings/other people, which can indicate dissatisfaction, whilst open arms mean one is comfortable with being approached and willing to talk, communicate.
Pushing back shoulders can demonstrate power and courage. (Though, I would recommend you not to. Whenever I observe someone who do this I tell them not to. Pushing back shoulders is not so good.
You see, your shoulders sit on a rib cage and your rib cage is more like a cylinder than a rectangle - it has curved surfaces. On top of this cylinder sits your shoulder blades - and they only sit on there because muscles hold them in place - there is no "true" joint surface like some other joints have. Therefore, your shoulders sit where the sum of the forces of gravity, your soft tissues (muscles and ligaments) and your bones put them. Simply, pulling back your shoulders against the sum of these forces just adds more forces -which increases the tension in your body. There are lots of articles out there, go check them out if you want to know more about this).
Resting one's arms behind their neck, can show that they are open to what is being discussed and interested in listening more; as well as touching the front of their neck can show that someone is interested and concerned about what another is saying.
Head movements that are upward & outward signify positive and open messages; and palms that are faced outwards towards another can indicate, generally, one's wish to stop and not approach (especially this last part is important in relationships or any kind, please be aware and don't push further if doesn't wanted).
Tugging at one's ear can mean their indecisiveness.
A sincere smile encompasses the whole face and can be, predominantly, noticeable in the eyes of one. On the other hand, a fake smile usually only engages the lips.
Tilting one's head can symbolise interest in something or someone. If the said tilting is overly tilted then it can be a sign of sympathy.
When a listener nods, this is usually a positive message and relays that they are interested and paying attention. However, excessive nodding can imply that listener has lost interest in the conversation, but doesn't want to be rude to say so.
Closing of eyes or pitching the bridge of one's nose is often done when making a negative evaluation. Touching/rubbing the nose may also indicate doubtfulness or rejection of an idea.
Resting a hand on one's cheek is often done when they are thinking or pondering; and stroking the chin can mean the person is trying to make a decision.
Lastly, if one's fingers are interlaced or the tips of fingers are pressed together, it usually means that a person is thinking and evaluating.

//More body language parts will be coming, this is only for the upper body; which is the simple, basic language of it.

As a final note: None of these are always valid because any person can act unlikely and show different reactions. These are changeable upon person's habits, lifestyle and personality. If you want to get correct and certain results by observing a person, at first you should be knowing some certain facts about them. But of course, if you're well experienced, then you might, quite simply, get them right.//