Deduction 2 - July 2017

//Salutes, you all. I haven't updated in a year (exactly 13 months and 9 days) since I was busy with... Well, to put it simply, life (that includes lots of business). I hope this isn't an asperity to you.

Seeing that today is sort of my day-off, I decided to write *cough* type *cough* down a not so quirky but still piquant deduction. //

Last month I had the chance to look through an acquaintance's bedroom/study. I have met her once but never been to their house, thus when I stepped inside her bedroom I was a bit surprised at the sight I was seeing, and quite a sight I must add. Because that one time when I met her, she admitted –and made an impression what she was saying was as true as the Earth goes around the Sun– she never 'gets on well with her school', always low marks and such, doesn't like to study and et cetera, et cetera...

However, this was over a year ago. So when I told her, "You've made quite a progress with your habits!", gesturing to her study corner with my eyebrows, she was literally taken aback. Asked me how, then cut herself off and tried again with what I meant. After all, me being me –but mainly because I was bored for so long of falling flat and then there is life, again– I couldn't just stand there and not make an impression of my own, even though all was a simple fact.

So I started with reminding her of our last 'chat', how it leaved an idea of her study-life. Told her, her room in fact has an unpretentious atmosphere with all the furniture and wallpaper choices, neat too. Despite this, when I walked in to the room, –and really, anyone would spot this– her studying corner was far from it; clipboard with sticky notes on the wall, few notebooks that were actually used for reviewing (yeah, I peaked here and there to see more), highlighters and other materials that indicated that she tries and cares to study efficiently. The corner standing out in the room with bright lights, position of the desk to actually avoid any distractions  is also another example.

Then I concluded –tried to keep it brief to not seen as a nosey parker– with a simple spin around myself to indicate the room, all pieces put together, from the last encounter till now, she indeed made her habits –not just studying part but also her daily life– turn over a leaf, which is a pretty good leaf.

(Don't even say whatever you're thinking of saying, I know, last part was a bit too poetic. I told you I wanted an impression...)

When I was done with my dramatically poetic explanations (which I tried to keep in the safety lines, for my own sake), I looked at her with a big smile on my face, though not to be complicated with smugness, a genuine one, the only response she gave was, "All because of you".

After her comment, I admit it was my turn to be taken aback because, even though I was trying to make an impression (don't want to say showing-off), I absolutely wasn't expecting that kind of response. What she referred to was our first encounter which when I gave her advices apparently turned out to be a shot in her arm. I was... flattered, I think, shocked even, to know a few sentences of speech could do wonders, even if little, and to know those sentences were from my mouth is a whole another matter.

//I want to cut this one here just because of the fact of reading these words –including the greeting– from first to last paragraph, whilst trying for a little exoticism, I found that I had essentially went for more of a romanticised version which I feel a little funny about. This isn't the kind what I normally thought I would write here, although I can't deny that I don't like this, and I think this is what gives the story its exoticism.//