Chapter 17 ~ Wake Up

A/N: Thank you guys so much for the 400! Here you guys go! Chapter 17 and 18! Enjoy :) 

Elena's POV

The next morning at the Tables, Tyler and I are back on normal terms. It's like yesterday never happened, which is probably the best thing to do. He's making jokes about Vickie. We have an inside joke about the way she walks. I like that we're back to normal. I don't want to see a world where Tyler and I are fighting. I don't think I can take that.

"Elena!" Jess says. "Yes?" I respond. "Come look at this new present I got from my friend from Japan."

Tyler and I go over to Jess to see what she's talking about. Jess starts to play with her new game and the next thing I know, my head is throbbing from pain.

"Ow!"

"Omg! I'm so sorry, Elena! I didn't know you were standing right there. I'm sorry I hit you. Let me go get you some ice," she says nicely.

I look back at Tyler and he's on the verge of laughing. Unbelievable! I get hurt and he's about to laugh. Great. Haha, very funny, Tyler Black. I would like to see you in this situation.

"Cutie. Are you okay?" He asks, right after his sudden burst of laughter is over.

That's one way to make me feel better. The guy I like is laughing at me. God, I make the worst impressions on people.

Jess comes back with an ice pack for the bump on my head. Tyler, on the other hand, is still laughing like there's no tomorrow. He thinks this is really funny, doesn't he? Well, at least there's a smile on his face.

"You didn't answer my question, Cutie. Are you okay?"

Aw, he cares. How sweet.

"Yeah, Tyler. I'm fine." I say, laughing quietly.

"Okay, come on. It's time to get to school anyways."

When we get to school, I have a major headache coming on to me. I nearly can't focus in class. Maybe this getting-hit-in-the-head thing is worse than I thought. She did accidently hit me pretty hard. It's okay though; she didn't mean it.

When lunch comes, I go to find Tyler. I look everywhere for him, but I can't find him. Finally, I see him coming out of the lunch line. He sees me waiting for him. Good.

God, this headache is killing me.

That is my last thought before I hit the cold, tile floor. I see nothing but darkness.

Tyler's POV

This lunch line is ridiculous! Why are there so many people today? Jeez. Did people forget to bring their own lunch? Unless they actually like this hamburger stew. It's not my favorite, but a guy's gotta eat.

When I get out of the lunch line, I see Cutie waiting for me. She looks a little pale from here. I hope she wasn't waiting too long. Walking to her, I notice something's a little off.

Is she okay? Oh my goodness.

I see Elena hit the ground. Her body is just laying on the cold hard floor. I drop my lunch and run up to her.

God, do I always run this slow? Run faster, you idiot! She's on the ground.

When I finally reach her, I bring her head into my lap. Everybody is staring at us now.

"Somebody call 911!" I yell at no one in specific.

Elena is lying in my lap, unconscious. What the hell happened? She's still breathing. Thank God.

"Elena, baby? Wake up," I whisper to her, hoping she can hear me.

"Cutie, please open your eyes."

"Come on. Let me see those beautiful brown eyes of yours."

"Elena! Wake up!" I start yelling as I feel her breaths become shallower.

~*~

A/N: Hey guys! I had so much fun writing this chapter! What did you think? I'd love to hear your opinions. Thank you guys so much for reading The Bad Boy was Staring at Me. It means so much. Please vote, comment, and share! Love you guys! <3 <3