Chapter 29 ~ Prom?

A/N: When I went to sleep last night, I was at least 200 views away from 1k, but when I woke up, it showed I needed only 41 more views! Thank you guys so much for everything! I wouldn't be where I am without you guys today. So once again, you guys deserve a double chapter!

Elena's POV

"Are you almost ready?" Tyler calls out from downstairs.

Today is the infamous first date. It's unbelievable how excited I am! I feel like I'm on cloud 9 right now... except for the fact that I have zero clothes to wear.

"Almost!" I shout back to him.

What am I gonna wear? Where is Lex when I need her? I have no clothes! I didn't have time to go shopping! He just randomly asked me out last night. Why does it have to be so urgent; this couldn't have waited until tomorrow? I could have gone shopping today!

I check the time on my alarm clock on my night stand. 7:25 p.m. Our dinner reservations are at 8:00. It also takes 30 minutes to drive there. I have to get ready, now!

My hair has already been straightened. Now, all I have to do is figure out my choice of outfit. I settle on one particular outfit. Red always looked good on me, so I decide to throw on my red crop top that has lace and crochet detailing on the bottom. I pair them with my black leather pants.

"Cutie, we're running out of time!" Tyler grumbles from downstairs.

Geez, what's got him in a rush?

"Coming!" I yell in a very promising voice.

A purse! Shoes! How could I forget?

I grab the baby pink Kate Spade clutch sitting on my bed and throw my phone and lipstick inside. Shoes. What shoes should I wear? My room looks like a tornado ran through it. Trying not to waste time, I go to the back of my closet and take out my white strappy sandals.

"Woah!" my voice echoes in the hallway. I almost fall trying to multitask by closing my door and putting my sandals on.

"I got you," a deep, raspy voice states. One of his hands is holding my right arm and the other is on the small of my back.

How many times has he saved me from almost falling already? A small giggle escapes my lips as I think of myself falling.

Once I regain my balance, I look up at Tyler. His eyes are open wide and his mouth is opening and closing, trying to find words to say.

"Wow. Cutie, you look amazing," he insists. I can already feel the blush coming onto my face.

I take a look at him as well. He definitely knows how to clean up nicely. He's wearing a maroon button up with the sleeves rolled up and denim jeans. There's nothing hotter than when a guy has his sleeves rolled up. God, I hope I'm not drooling.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I compliment him back.

"We can stand here all night and compliment each other, but we have dinner reservations to attend to," he announces, interrupting me checking him out.

"Right." I agree.

---

"So, do you know what you're going to order?" I ask him.

"The prime ribs sound good. How about you?" he shoots the question back at me.

"Hm," I mutter, thinking. "Maybe the pork chops."

"That sounds good, too."

After ordering our food, we start talking about how this place doesn't have chicken nuggets. Considering the last time we came here and asked that very question, The workers are probably thinking, Oh no, these kids again? Whatever, we help their business.

"So, how are you feeling?" I question Tyler, grabbing his hand.

"Much better. Thank you so much for taking care of me," he says, looking straight in my eyes.

"I'm here if you need anything, at all," I add.

---

The ride back home is silent. "Music?" I suggest.

"Sure," he says, turning on the radio.

Bedrock comes on. A smile comes onto both of our faces, remembering that this is our song. I look over at him and smile. He grabs my hand and interlock our fingers before bringing them up to his lips, kissing the palm of my hand.

The silence of the car ride is gone and we find ourselves singing at the top of our lungs to one of the best Young Money songs. We pull up to my house not too long after and I notice my parents' car was gone. Where have they gone? They didn't tell me they were going out.

I walk up to the door to unlock it when Tyler suddenly gets a phone call.

"I'm going to take this, be right back." He assures me, walking around to the side of my house. I shrug my shoulders and walk inside my house. The pitch darkness is overwhelming and I can't find the light switch. Aha, I got it!

The lights turn on and I look down to my feet. There are dozens of rose petals on the ground. What, what is this? I decide to follow the path of rose petals. It leads me to the back yard.

The backyard light switch had been disconnected and the lights aren't turning on. Suddenly, a bunch of light up candles and lanterns are lit and I can see my whole yard. There, I see Tyler holding a bouquet of my favorite flowers: daisies. What's happening right now?

A bunch of letters that spell out "PROM" light up from behind him. A smile from ear to ear is definitely evident on my face right now. He did this all for me? Tyler is now walking up to me. Once he reaches me, he asks, "So, Cutie, will you go to prom with me?" He hands me the bouquet of flowers.

"Yes, of course I will!" I exclaim.

I look deeply in his eyes. All the lights are glistening in them. Finally, his soft lips are on mine.

---

A/N: Yes! This is so so cute. I'm so on board with the Tylena ship right now. Aren't you?! Ugh, I love this chapter. I had zero writer's block for this. That's how easy it was. I could visualize every single detail in my head! It went perfectly. Thank you so much for reading! Love you <3 

P.S: Don't forget to tell your dad, Happy Father's Day! :)