Chapter 4

Please read all the chapters in order to understand this one. Thanks! Enjoy the late-night update! <3 Don't forget to vote and comment!

From Silas's Perspective

I woke up on the floor with the smell of rain and pines in my nose. Before I had woken up before on the bed where, I assumed, the Alpha had put me.

I knew I fell asleep on him. I never would have done it, but something about this man was comforting to me and my wolves.

I was never comfortable on a bed. I had lived my life sleeping on the floor of a cell, or on the ground in the forest. It was natural for me and my wolves to sleep on the floor. It made me, at least, feel closer to my family. My actual family.

Apparently I was found in the forest as a child. I don't remember anything from before I was discovered by the Lupine Shadows Pack. Since then I've felt a weird connection to the woods. It's even weirder how this Alpha oozes power, and has a wierd forest scent.

The door opens and I jump up to my usual position at the wall. I could feel and smell the Alpha's presence behind me.

"Uh, hey," he said awkwardly before closing the door.

I didn't answer. I knew my place.

"I was meaning to ask," he paused, thinking over his question. "Why do you do that?"

I entered his mind link and spoke.

Do I have permission to speak, Alpha?

He visibly flinched. I had no idea why.

"S-sure," he stuttered. "Go ahead."

"This," I spoke quietly. "Is what is needed of me in the morning. I follow the Alpha's commands, Alpha. I have no place here, and my opinions do not matter. I am yours, and yours to control, until my Alpha returns, Alpha."

It was a speech my Alpha had me speak to him every day. It came out monotone, with no feeling. Just how my Alpha liked it, how he liked me. With no feeling and no emotion. It made him feel powerful, and he thought it made me feel weak. I didn't give it a second thought.

"Geez," the Alpha muttered to himself. "Face me, Silas."
I heard the playing tone of his voice, but held my place.
He walked forward, close enough that we were almost touching.

"You," he said, growling in satisfaction, "Are all mine." He thought for a minute. "I guess that I can do whatever I wish with you."
* * *
From Jace's Perspective

Her eyes flashed black at the misunderstanding of my words. She didn't move. Only stood there. We stared at each other. I realized she was challenging my authority.

"Submit," I growled raising myself to my full height.

A silver ring began to grow around her iris. I began to feel a strange urge to apologize, but I held my tongue. I was the Alpha here.

"Submit," I growled again. This time it came out uncertain. I ignored it.

She held my gaze for a minute longer, as if to mock me. "As you wish Alpha," she then said, lowering her gaze.
She shook her head as if shaking off a trance. She turned, her hands grasping the bottom of her shirt.

"What are you doing?" I growled.

"I disobeyed," Silas said, pausing, her voice monotone. "I deserve to be punished."

"Punished?" What the hell? Who does that? How does someone get "punished"?

My questions were answered when Silas pulled up her shirt.
* * *
From Silas's Perspective

I pulled up my shirt and heard the Alpha's breath catch in his throat. I turned to find him staring at my back.

"Who did this?" he asked, his voice near guttural.

I didn't answer.

"Who fucking did this to you, Silas?" he yelled.

I didn't answer. Two men ran into the room. I turned away, avoiding their gaze.

Their eyes went from the enraged Alpha to my back and back again. They then rested on the Alpha. I could tell they were talking through the mind link.

I entered.

I'm gonna rip his fucking head off. The Alpha.

Do you even know who did it? One man asked.

Yes, I fucking know who did this to my fucking mate. The Alpha again, this time thick with sarcasm.

Ooh. Has Mr. Big Bad Wolf gone all soft on a female? The other guy.

Some day you guys are going to have little kiddies running around and-

I cut him off before he could finish.
You guys might as well talk out loud at this point. I can hear you.

I then inclined my head at the two other gentlemen who joined us.
Beta. Delta.

The men all flinched and faced me fully, gaping in surprise.

"How did you-" one man started.

"Okay, I don't give a flying fuck about what Silas can or can't do. Who the fuck did this to you Silas."

The Alpha was livid at this point. I still didn't answer.

"Fine Silas. You want to do this? I. Command. You. To. Tell. Me. Who. Did. This."

I bowed my head, remembering my place.

"The Lupine Shadows Pack."
I said it quietly. I didn't know what would happen when I returned to my pack. I would probably be killed. I could even hear my Alpha's voice in my head as I admitted it.

You're dead, Silas.