Chapter 13

Hey guys! I know this is a really short chapter, especially since I haven't updated in a while, but I have been having a hard time finding motivation to write. I promise the next chapter will be extra long and action-packed! Don't forget to comment, vote, and enjoy! <3

From Julian's Perspective

I was lounging against a tree, waiting for an order from Silas, when I saw a flash of silver in the night. Follow it, my wolf told me.

I jumped down from the tree. Landing softly, I rolled and crouched, preparing to shift, when I heard a branch snap behind me.

I turned to find Jace. He was distraught, his hair disheveled, his clothes rumpled. His shirt was untucked from his jeans. Honestly, he looked terrible.

"Jace?" I asked. No response.

I watched as he continued to walk forward.

"Jace?" I asked again, cautiously moving closer. He didn't answer.

Thinking I missed something, I observed Jace again. Then I saw it.

His eyes were unfocused, his pupils small and almost nonexistent. His eyes were bright gold with no trace of the previous green. Jace was staring in the distance as he continued to walk forward. 

As if in a trance, he pushed past me and continued to walk in the direction where the silver flash disappeared. 

Curious, I followed.

* * *

Jace led me through the forest, following some unseen path. A deep howl shook the night. Jace's head snapped up at the sound and he bolted. I followed as best I could.

* * *

From Silas's Perspective

I could not control myself. My wolves could not control me. We had no idea what was going on.

There is a new wolf, one of the three snarled. I do not like it. I could picture my wolf turning up its head at the thought.

It's not like we can do anything, I said, as always stating the obvious. 

You don't know that, another wolf replied.

Yeah, my third wolf agreed.

We heard a howl and stopped talking.

Something was wrong.

* * *

From Jace's Perspective

Where is she, where is she, where is she. That was the only thing running through my head as my  wolf took control and frantically tried to find my Mate.

There was a deep howl and my wolf sprinted off towards the sound, hoping against hope that we would find her.

* * *

We broke through the deep brush to find nothing. Her scent was here, and then it was gone. 

I looked around, once again frantic, only to find a pool of blood. I leaned down to smell it.

It smelled of smoke and ash and darkness and midnight.

It smelled of Silas.

* * *

From Julian's Perspective

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit. 

She was gone.

Silas was gone. Again. Like last time.

That was bad enough. But she had found her Mate this time. 

And oh hell was he angry.

I watched from the forest as Jace frantically looked for Silas. When he could not find her, he stopped and took a breath. He walked forward a few steps and crouched.

Shoulders hunched, he observed the dark ground.

As Jace stood up, his eyes flashed, his wolf once again taking full control. 

He howled, the sound full of sorrow and longing, of false hope and anger.

That was when I knew for sure Silas was gone again.

But, this time, I knew where to find her.