Flying papers

Edward found himself panting on the cold floor, trying his best to breathe. He was abruptly snapped into existence, after an unexpected transformation. It had been very painful, but at least he didn't faint this time.
After a few minutes of confusion, Hyde tried to make order in his thoughts, which still were a bit messed up. He then got up, looked around, and saw the desk, where there was an empty ampoule and a dozen of other bottles. He got close to the desk, and between a bottle of whiskey and the ampoule, Edward found a note.
It said:

"G'morning Eddie. I've decided to do this again, as you can see.
Honestly I don't even know why. Maybe this bottle of whiskey knows why I'm doing this? Or why I'm writing to you? Probably not.
Well, who cares? I certainly don't. So yeah, have fu while I have an hangover in the back of my- your-... our mind?

Jekyll."

Edward looked at the mirror, but Henry wasn't there. He tried to listen and hoped to hear his voice, but nothing.
After some time, he decided to try speaking, even though he wasn't sure if Jekyll could hear him.
He took a deep breath.
"Well, first of all, bitch." Edward paused, waiting for a response, but all he could hear was silence. "Yes," continued he "I called you bitch! 'Cause that's what you had been to Stride! A mean, angry bitch!" Hyde's checks were on fire, and his eyes wandered impatiently in the room, over all the reflective surfaces where Henry could appear.
"He tried to help you, and that's your way to thank him?? Yell like a kid and threaten him?? What, you want an applause for that?!" Silence was the only reply he had. Edward sighed, feeling regretful for saying those things.
"I'm sorry Henry," he apologised "it's just that sometimes I don't understand why you act like this..." he glanced back at the desk, letting a sweet smile cross his lips. "...Anyway," he murmured, with a much lower and calmer voice "thank you, for 'letting me out' again." And  with those words, he walked towards a drawer, and took his clothes.

~~~

He left the laboratory, properly dressed and with his hair brush and tied up. Hyde walked silently down the stairs that led to the entrance, and looked around, feeling like a stranger in his own house.
"Edward Hyde, I suppose?"
Edward jumped in surprise, then turned around. Jasper was standing behind him, with a soft smile on his face.
"Ah yes! That's my name!" Hyde said.
Jasper was standing behind him, with his arms crossed and a curious expression on his face. They rarely had guests in the house, and that new stranger had awakened the curiosity of the young servant.
"I suppose you came in through the back door," Hyde nodded awkwardly. "Well, I'll go call Mr Jekyll now, and if you want you can stay here for breakfast-" Jasper was about to go to Henry's room but Hyde stopped him.
"Ah- uhm you can't go to Jekyll's room!" Hyde mumbled. In response, the servant raised a brow. "Why?"
"Because..." Edward was sweating profusely. He wasn't nearly as good at lying as Henry was. "Uh because... he... left! Yes! He left the house... from the back door! He had to go... talk to.... Stride..!" He managed to mutter unsure.
"Again??" Said Jasper, not caring about Edward's suspicious behavior. "Gosh, Stride must have made him really mad. Oh well, I hope he comes back in time for breakfast. About that, what would you like to eat?"
"Nothing! Thank you! Now I really should go! Uh good bye!" And with those words Hyde rushed out of the house.
Once he was out, he sighed in relief, glad that he managed to leave without making Jasper suspicious, and started wandering aimlessly in the city.
It was almost 10, and the sun shone high on the city, enlightening the streets, and making glow the many faces of the gentlemen and ladies that were strolling around and chatting with one another.
Hyde had no specific destination in mind, he only wanted to go out, take some fresh hair, maybe find a calm place to sit down and relax a bit. But fate had other plans for him that day.

While walking, someone bumped into Edward, making him and the stranger fall on the ground. The other was carrying tons of documents, that flown away the moment he fell. Hyde got up quickly, and started apologizing to the stranger, but the latter was clearly in a hurry and didn't hear Edward's words while trying to pick up all the papers. Hyde started helping him, and ran around, trying to grab all the papers from the ground before anyone walked on them. When he had finished, he came closer to the man.

"I'm really sorry for bumping into you Sir," he said, looking at the papers in his hands. In that moment, the stranger raised his head, and for the first time saw the blonde man.
"Ah, no need to worry!" The man said gaily. Edward's heart missed a beat. He had recognized that enthusiastic voice. He quickly raised his head. The stranger had long, messy and silvery hair, two bright red eyes, and a cheerful smile on his pale face.
His eyes widened immediately, his jaw dropped, and along with his jaw, the documents. The man yapped and caught the papers before they could touch the ground, then looked back at the shocked Edward. "Uh, are you alright?"
"Utterson..?" Hyde murmured. "John Gabriel Utterson??"

Hyde perfectly knew him. Henry and Gabriel used to be very good friends when they were young. They went to school together and both dreamed of becoming famous doctors, saving lives and, as Gabriel used to say, getting all the ladies. They used to prank other kids in class, make silly jokes and hang out, along side with Hastie.

"Yes, that's me!" Utterson replied enthusiastically. "Well, you have the advantage of me sir! May I know your name?"
Hyde closed his mouth, and trying to pull himself together, he stuttered "Ah I'm Edward, uh, Edward Hyde..!"

Gabriel was about to say something else, but in that moment the sound of bells snapped him back to reality. It was 11 o'clock. "Oh dear!" He exclaimed "I really would love to stay here some more, but unfortunately I'm really late.. and they need me at the hospital-" "the hospital?" Asked Hyde.
"Yes, I work at the Whitemist hospital. Oh god, today's gonna be so tough-" "maybe I can help!" Those words escaped Edward's lips, and only after he had said them he realized what he did.
"Really?? Are you a doctor??" "Uh- well- I.."
Utterson came closer to Edward, and started staring in his eyes with a serious expression.
"Do you know how to properly sterilize an injury?" He asked lowering his voice.
"Well, of cour-" Gabriel grabbed Hyde by the arm, and started running toward the hospital.
"What's your name sir?!" Shouted the silver haired man, not letting go of Edward.
"Ahh Edward Hyde?!" Replied the blond one, stumbling behind him.
"Oh no!" Shouted Utterson in response.
"Today, your name is DR Edward Hyde, my friend! And, Dr Hyde, we are incredibly late, so we must be fast and get to the hospital as soon as possible!"