Chapter 1

I rolled down the car window and stared outside at the passing buildings and trees. Ugh I hate this, to start everything all over make new friends, new school seems impossible for me. Why my dad has to be one to take up a job at his firm’s new branch? I don’t like this one bit. My mom turned around to look at me and I put on a fake smile she seemed to buy it. I didn’t want to ruin her happiness by saying anything wrong. God knows what is she ecstatic about?

“ Everything will be fine. You will adjust in no time.” My mom said reassuringly. It is easy for her she is nothing like me.

“ Yeah, I hope so.” I said looking out again. The town seems fine it has good shops around. I need to find a book store as soon as possible maybe sign up for a membership or something.

“Here we come. This is our new house isn't it beautiful? What do you think honey?” asked my dad. I looked at the house and I really liked it. It had a big front porch, a backyard and most importantly it was so quiet and peaceful just the way I like it.

”It's really great dad, better than I thought at least.” I said honestly. He and mom exchanged knowing smiles and started walking towards the house.

I grabbed my small bag which had my essentials for travelling and started walking towards the house. I stood outside the door and took a deep breath hoping for the best. I pushed the door open and gasped WOW! This house is really beautiful it had a big lounge and the kitchen entrance was on the right side. It has a very homey feel to it. The kitchen was well furnished and maintained. The walls were creamish colour more like coffee which made the room look bright.

I ran up the stairs to see the rest of the house. I picked the last room on the floor extremely left. I loved it. The walls were painted blue my favorite color and it had a walk in closet and a separate bathroom too. I like this place. The room is not very big, it’s just perfect, and I don’t have a lot of stuff anyway. I didn’t  bring along a lot of my old stuff just clothes, photos, books, mom had warned me to pack only necessary things.

There was a knock on the door and my parents came in.”I see you have already chosen your room. It’s isolated from the rest of the house I knew you would choose this room that’s why we had it painted blue.” He said smiling at me. He knew me so well because he was like me in amny ways. He was 52 but didn’t look like his age at all. He had few grey hairs and he had brown eyes just like me. I just smiled at him gratefully and gave him a quick hug. I was still a little annoyed at him for making us move here.

“So the boxes are already here let’s start unpacking. Our room is on the right, downstairs. Ask me if u need help ok sweetie?” said my mom and left. I looked around at the boxes lying around the room. Damn, when will I finish unpacking it’s too much.

After 2-3 hours I slumped on my bed completely exhausted. I had not even finished unpacking half of my stuff this is going to be a long weekend. I prefer staying here than going to this new school anyway. Oh my God! New school, I had a mini panic attack again.  ”Come down sweetie the food is here” shouted my mom.