Chapter 6

The weekend passed very quickly and today was Monday again. I got up and went to the bathroom. For the first time in my life I was actually excited to go school. I hated getting up early and going to school, it was boring. I sighed, brushed my teeth and showered quickly.

I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a v-neck pink t-shirt. I applied some clear gloss and was ready to go. I was so happy. Last couple of days had been good. Noah had said that he would drive me to school and drive me back home too. But, he was kidding I am pretty sure. Why would he drive me around every day? It was just a joke.

“Good morning, did you get up on your own?” My dad asked looking at me amused. I know why I was so enthusiastic to go to school but, I didn’t want them to know.

I nodded before smiling at them. “Yes, just like that. I didn’t want to be late.” I said easily dropping my bag and sitting on the counter with them.

Both of them smiled and we had our breakfast. I eat silently, only responding when I was needed to. I grabbed my bag, kissed my parents on the cheek and left. When I was outside, I realized that my car keys were inside. I rushed back to the house.

I was searching for my keys. There was a knock on the door and I heard noises. “Rebecca, someone is here for you. Come down.” I heard my mom shout.

“I will be down in a minute.” I responded quickly before she yelled again. Who is here to see me? I don’t think any of my friends know where exactly I live. I found my keys and went downstairs.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, my heart stopped beating. I closed my eyes quickly and opened them again but, I was not dreaming. He was really here, Noah. What is he doing? When he said about the driving thing I thought he was just kidding. Will you stop staring and say something I said to myself.

I opened my mouth to say something before my mom spoke cutting me off. “You didn’t tell us Rebecca that you are going to get a ride from Noah from today.” My mom said smirking at me obviously getting the wrong idea.

“Err….I didn’t...” I stuttered. What should I say? Even I didn’t know about it. My mom was looking at me curiously. I smiled at her uncomfortably and walked towards Noah.

“We should get going. We don’t want to be late.” He said politely to my mom who nodded a yes. “You ready?” he asked me.

“Yeah. I just need to take my bag.” I said pointing towards my bag on the couch. I was feeling so uncomfortable. My mom was watching my every move which was making it worse. I had some male friends in the old school but, I had grown up with them. My parents knew all about them and even their families.

I picked up my bag and we left the house. Noah opened my door for me. He is so adorable. I just smiled and got into the car. He went to his side. He was looking so handsome, in his fitting blue t-shirt and black ripped jeans. He smiled at me and started the car, stopping my drooling.

“What was that?” I asked. He would have called me and told me to come out or something. Knowing my mom I was never going to hear the end of it. It’s not like she doesn’t like me having male friends or anything, she assumes that I like them or there is already something going on which I haven’t told her.