Sophie's Little Monsters

Mark and his family finally finished loading up the bomb shelter.  "Honey we're done, I've prepared dinner, so as soon as Eric and his mother show up, send them right down.  Sophie and I will be down here." said Julie,  "I told him I would pick him up. I'll be right back, let's see if they're ready to go.  Be back in an hour or two." said Mark as he kisses both of them and went on his way.

While heading over to his home he made a couple of stops making sure that the towns folks were complying.  It was important for their safety.   Until he made it to his partner's house.  Eric and his mother were good and ready to go.  Mark helped them with their bags and they all headed back to Mark's home.

Mostly everyone was good and ready for the unexpected.  That night everyone slept in safety. If the ice from the mountain came tumbling down, they were safe.  Mark helped Eric bring his thing inside, while his wife made his mother feel comfortable.  Once everything was in order, they all sat down to eat dinner.

 Once dinner was over, Mark and his Eric headed back outside to watch the mountaintop.  Mark built a fire as they sat outside.   Both of the men had sleeping bags, which they laid on top without opening.  As the night approach, the silence of the forest didn't feel normal.  No frogs, crickets, nothing all that you could hear was the sound of the wind and trees as they smacked each other.   This made the two men sleepy, that after a while they were both fast asleep.

Suddenly they heard a herd of different animals coming in their direction.  Each making noisy cries of their own.  The men quickly woke up and began running to enter the bomb shelter.  They made on time as a couple of deer stepped over the door as they were closing it.

When the noise comes down the men slowly jar the door and peeked out.  When a loud thunder noise straddled him, as he saw the mountain peak broke apart and ice, trees, dirt, along with many small animals, come tumbling down the mounting.  Julie and the others heard the avalanche, as Mark quickly closed the door right on time.  They all sat down to the right side of the shelter and waited for all the loud noise to stop.  It sounds like a tornado was destroying everything above them.  "Eric mother prayed while they all sat and wait. The noise kept going for a good forty-five minute.  The sound of the wind suddenly just stopped.