Fight to the Finish {Chapter Four}

Hey! This chappie is dedicated to @sweetlollypop because she's my new epic buddy! Lol. She gave me an idea for this story, so I THANK HER VERY MUCH! XD

Annnyway, this chapter will be . . . VERY HAPPY! :D

Enjoy, my dear readers. Enjoy.

That was really weird. O.o

Usually only famous authors on here say that . . . I'm not going to say that again. ;)

*************************************************************************************

Chapter Four

"Night, honey," my mom called from my doorway.

"NIght, Gemma!" My dad appeared in the doorway.

"You know, I'm fifteen, sixteen tomorrow," I said, rolling my eyes. "That means that I don't need to guys practically tucking me in for bed."

"I know, but you're just so cute to be sixteen!" My mom came over and pinched my cheeks.

I wriggled away. "I know I am." I winked.

My parents laughed. They said their goonights one last time, and went into their bedroom. We were one of the luckier ones in town since we had our own bedrooms, a small bathroom, and a small kitchen.

I smiled and went to sleep. I dreamed of living in a bigger house, with enough money and food to make life at least a little easier. I also dreamed of a cake, a huge one, with delicious frosting.

"Gemma! Gemma!" My eyes flew open. I looked at the old, beatup clock. I could barely make out the numbers, so I could barely tell that it was seven in the morning: A perfect time for breakfast.

"Mom?" I called, fanning myself. It got really hot since I had fallen asleep.

"Gemma!" I heard my dad yell, sounding scared.

I walked carefully over to my closed door, wondering what in the world was going on. I opened it and screamed. All I could see was flames; I couldn't even recongize my own hallway anymore.

"Gemma!" My mother's voice sounded desparate.

"Mom!" I yelled, coughing. The smoke was really starting to get to me.

"Gemma! We're in the kitchen!"

"I'm coming!"

"No, just find a way to get out!"

"No! I'm not going without you!"

"Just go!"

The flames flickered and got even bigger. I dropped onto my hands and knees, feeling my way along the floor. I headed to the small kitchen, which thankfully wasn't that far away. I didn't care if I died, I just wanted to be with my parents. I dodged the flames somehow and made it to the kitchen without any burns. I couldn't even remember how I got there. Everything was a blur.

The kitchen was a little foggy with smoke, but it wasn't covered in fire. I spotted my parents sitting and coughing. Their skin was all gray.

I crawled over to them. "We have to get out, now!"

My dad coughed. "But where?"

"This is the only safe place for now," my mother added. "And I thought we told you to save yourself?"

"I wanted to be with you guys," I said simply.

"It will be okay," my mom said, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.