Chapter 5:

I was eating breakfast the following day, Thursday, before school when a knock came to the door. I, being the lazy ass I am, didn't move. The knock came again and then I realized that my brothers weren't going to get it either. Just when I was about to get up I heard Justin say, "Who you?" Trust my 5 year old brother to open the door without an adult and ask a stranger, "who you".

"Jack!" Justin yelled. I heard Jack walk to the door. I got up, along with Malcom and Emmett, and walk to the door. "I'm here for Emma," I heard the stranger say. When I got to the door I realized that the stranger wasn't actually a stranger, it was the one and only Austin King.

Each and everyone of my brothers look at me and Jack says, "Em?". I don't say anything and they all keep staring at me. Emmett finally breaks the silence, "Austin, bro, you didn't tell me you were friends with my sister." At that I snap. I look at Austin and say, "I'm going to get my bag, I'll be right back," and slam the door in his face.

"Wow, I didn't see that coming." Emmett says. No one laughs.

"Who was that and why is he here?" Says Jack.

I start to walk to the kitchen, hoping it would drop but they all follow me. So I eventually say, "He's my friend and he's taking me to school?" That's when I realize that Emmett doesn't remember what happened at Austin's party, wow, and I thought he was sober.

Justin says in his cute voice, trying to sound big, "He better only be your friend." At that we all laugh including Jack.

I pick my bag up from the floor and start to make my way to the door, my brothers all at my heels. I open the door and Austin is still standing there. I feel an arm on my hand I turn to see Jack staring at me, "I'll see you after school, be back straight after school." I nod and he drops a kiss on my forehead.

Malcom then gives me a hug, "Bye, be safe. Just joking, no wait I'm not. Wait... no. Ugh. Just don't have sex!" At that all the guys laugh including Austin.

Emmett says, "Very subtle, but I agree."

And Jack says, "JUSTIN'S HERE! And Emmett we all agree." And rolls his eyes.

"There's nothing to worry about. I promise you we won't have sex." Austin says. Then Jack says, "You're lucky you're friends with Emmett and he trusts you, if you weren't I would have slammed the door in your face when you first said Emma's name."

"Okay enough. He's just taking me to school, everyone calm down. We need to go now we're going to be late." I say and walk to Emmett, he gives me a quick hug and says bye. I bend down to Justin and I ruffle his hair and say, "See you after school, don't be naughty at school and don't get into trouble again." At that he grunts. I give him a quick kiss then stand up.

I turn around, walk out and close the door. Austin and I walk to his car and get in. I live about 10 minutes always from school. We drive in silence for 8 minutes until he finally breaks the silence, "Where are you parents?"

I automatically flinch and it takes a little while before I reply. "That's none of your business." I say.

He replies, "Well if we're going to be dating I'm going to need to know about you." Just then we reach the parking lot. He parks the car and without another word to him I get out of the car. We walk into school in silence. Just then the bell rings. I mutter a quick goodbye and make my way to my first class without waiting for him to reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the bell goes for lunch I make my way to the cafeteria and sit down at my usual table. I don't sit at the table with the 'populars', even though a lot of them are my friends and even though Emmett sits there. I sit at a table with Faith, Charlotte, Mia and Joy, my best friends, like we always do.