Gavin

Gavin

"Fag!" Yelled the main bully Törin

"Homo!" His friend Jamie yelled
These names were fuzzy in my head as my feet were pounding against the cheap, old, Highschool tiles, my breath drowning out the murmurs of people as I was bounding down the halls, bullies chasing me.
This is a normal day for me, I am constantly teased and bullied. They caught up to me yesterday outside of the school and beat me up, my eye still iridescently purple, and swollen shut. My dad didn't even notice last night when I came home crying, and almost doubled over, limping. All he was doing was downing vodka, trying to drown out his feelings. My mom left him at the start of school, a month and a half ago, and said:

"You're a fucking bad father, your kid needs you and all you do is drink! Now I'm leaving and you will have him for a year and if I find out you lay a finger on him I will fucking kill you" she screamed slamming the door.
Ever since then my dad started to more than just get drunk, he'd binge drink every day so that he'd pass out, and temporarily leave, what he would always bellow was a "horrible" life.
   I was too done with getting beat up to go to school so I locked myself In my room, my dad meandered around the house drawing a sharp intake of breath from me. He came to my room and it opened! Crap I didn't close the door all the way! I thought. He tripped and fell onto the front of my bed, breaking his favorite vodka glass.

"Get to school dumb ASS, I'm not watching you! And learn how to fight idiot" He said, motioning to my eye, then slapping me, leaving a handprint on my cheek, and pushing me out the door.  I slowly made my way to school, pain tendrils shooting up my face periodically, dreading opening those doors to face yet another day.
I pushed the creaky doors to the office and hid my face. Without even looking up they said,

"Gavin,  senior, right?" The very old vice-principal sighed. She knew that I usually was late and not many other people but I was, (it was a pretty good school). Her eyes wandered from the paper to me, the pen dropped from her hand.
"Gavin?.."

"Just please, the paper" I grumbled, snatching it from the desk and heading dejectedly towards gym, the class I ran from yesterday. I slipped into the empty locker room, quickly and painfully changing into a t-shirt and shorts. I made my way into the gym drawing eyes from the boys who started murmuring and chuckling like I was the most hilarious thing they'd ever seen. My teacher, Mrs. Butte (funniest teacher name) took the pass and told me to just do a paper about soccer ball origins or some shit, trying to pity me. I regretted getting changed and how I'd have to do it again in an hour.
I was lousily writing from memories, about a leather ball for coming of age parties as the start to soccer, When I started thinking about yesterday because usually I was only bullied in general. Now it was personal. How did they find out? I thought The only person I told was Tim...." I finally realized what happened and stood up violently adrenaline pumping, Butte raised an eyebrow.

I trusted him, he was the only person I did! He was my only friend! Now he's ruined it!!!!! I was full of feelings of betrayal and venom, as I made my way to the boys, eyes locked on Tim. I walked past the taunting Törin and came upon Tim,

"HOW COULD YOU?!?" I screamed, knocking him to the floor. I berated him with punches, the teachers trying to separate us, but I was locked on him, and how he caused all my pain, embarrassment, and betrayal, now it was his turn.

"Gavin stop!" The teachers yelled.

"I HATE YOU B****" I screamed and landed one more good punch to his nose. I usually wasn't strong enough to fight, or defend myself, but Tim unlocked something in me. I felt like a monster, the power felt good. A voice in the back told me that this wasn't right, but I didn't care, I just left the gym, leaving the fuming boys and backstabbing Tim behind.