Anita & Isaiah

A n i t a    &    I s a i a h
(Ah-Nita)   (Eye-say-uh)

_______________________
P a r t   O n e
_______________________

Her mother always instilled in her that sex before marriage, and sex in general, was against her house rules.

Her mother never gave her a reason why, and Anita never asked. What Mama says, goes.

So, while all the other girls were having the time of their lives with cute boys, Anita remained distant.

She knew that getting romantically involved with a boy usually meant sex down the road. It was a given, her mother always said and that's why Anita couldn't have a boyfriend. A boyfriend would want to defile her.

But Anita didn't even want a boyfriend. She didn't want to give her heart to someone only to have it stomped on when he realized that she was a prude, and she would never put out.

So, Anita remained meek and invisible so no boy would ever take notice in her.

But despite how much she tried to remain invisible, she was still quite visible among her peers- especially Isaiah Thomas.

Isaiah was a regular boy that you'd might take a look twice at on a street. He was handsome enough, yet not so perfect that he always stood out.

He was a quiet kind of beauty, just like the girl he took notice in.

However, Anita was unapproachable. With walls so high you could reach the sun,  Isaiah didn't know how to get through to her.

Until one day when Anita needed a ride home. Anita had been sitting on the steps leading to the schools entrance when Isaiah was leaving after his soccer practice.

He didn't want his first conversation to be with her when he was a sweaty mess, but he didn't know when he'd have another opportunity to speak with her; he went for it.

"Hello, Anita." She whipped her head around to the sound of a male voice above her.

Isaiah watched as her eyes widened at the sight of him.

"Um, hello Isaiah." She responded as she nervously began wrapping her hair around her ear.

"What are you doing waiting out here by yourself?" He inquired. "Are you waiting for someone?"

Anita sighed. "No, it seems as if my friend Penelope forgot she was taking me home. She's not answering her phone."

Isaiah raised an eyebrow. "Well.... if you need a ride I'm leaving now. I could take you home." He held up his car keys and Anita watched as the soccer ball key chain swung in Isaiah's hand.

"T-thank you for the offer, but I don't think that's such a good idea." She responded uncertainly. Isaiah raised a thick eyebrow. "Why not?"

"A boy and a girl in the car together isn't such a good idea. It-it can lead to bad things."

Isaiah felt a wave of offense wash over him. "Do you think I would violate you or something? I'm not that kind of guy. I won't even touch you!"