Chapter 14 - Lies and secrets

Eros' POV

After arguing, finally, Alexia left. I looked towards our table. Anna was not there. My mother was talking to her friend.

I walked towards my mother. "Mom, where is Anna?"

"She went for a walk."

I smiled at my mother, nodding and went to find Anna.

A few minutes later, I found Anna next to horses. I approached her.

When she saw me, she wanted to leave, but I grabbed her arm quickly.

"Anna. I am sorry. She..."

"You had a girlfriend when you were with me in New York." She snapped at me without letting me finish my sentence.

Fuck! How did she find out? Oh...My mother told her.

I breathed deeply. "Anna, let me explain."

She was trying to pull her arm away, but I tightened my grip.

"Let go of me! Enough! Every day I found out new things about you. I am tired. I am tired of your lies! Stay away from me! Stay away from me!"

"Anna, please. I love you. I regret it. I am sorry. Really. Please, forgive me." I pleaded, giving her a begging look. "I did not want to hurt you, but it was before. I never loved her nor anyone else. My heart is only yours and will be only yours. Forever." I confirmed honestly.

"No! Let go of me! I do not want to see you." She stated while punching my chest.

I pulled her closer to me by her waist and smashed my lips against her lips.

A few seconds later, she continued punching my chest. I pulled back a little and placed my hands on her cheeks.

"I love you, Anna. I love you." I confessed, looking into her eyes.

She pulled back. "But I do not. I hate you."

I smirked arrogantly. "You love me too, baby. I saw how you looked at Alexia. You were jealous."

She looked at me angrily and rushed away. I followed her. She went towards my mother. I went beside them.

"Thank you for your invitation. But I have to go back." Anna said without looking at me.

"Thank you for accepting, dear. Ok, let's go." My mother gave Anna a bright smile.

Anna took her bag, still avoiding eye contact with me. Suddenly, her head spun. I caught her by her waist immediately.

"Anna, dear, are you fine?" My mother asked her, concerned.

Anna wanted to straighten, but she didn't feel good; her face was pale.

"You do not look fine. Let's go to the doctor." My mother suggested.

"I..." Suddenly, Anna fainted.

"Anna!" I scooped her up in my arms bridal style and carried her to my car.

We were at the hospital. The doctor was checking her up. My mother and I were waiting in front of the room. I was so worried.

Finally, the doctor walked out. I approached her.

"How is she?" I asked.

"Do not worry. She is better now. Her blood pressure was low. The baby is fine too."

The baby?

I looked at the doctor, dumbfounded.

"The baby?" I murmured.