Chapter 17 - Night Moves

BECAUSE IT was the early December, night blanketed over London early. It was already completely dark when Paul and Brady entered the makeshift headquarters at around 7:00 p.m.. Tom and Amy sifted through the tons of data that they now had access to.

Brady and Paul went over into another office, talking in low tones.

"We now have their offices bugged and the bugs connected to the voice recognition software. Amy has this under control," Brady explained.

"And who will go through the text files to read what has been said?"

"We will take shifts. You and I. And maybe Amy if she can take a break."

"No, I want her hunting down the money through the electronic trail," Paul said.

"It is not as much as you would think. Approximately twenty typed pages per hour, and most of it can be skipped safely right away. When they are discussing the new drone model in a big meeting, you can assume that nothing incriminating will be said. It's the lone phone conversations or the one-on-one meetings we need to check." Brady pointed through the meeting room glass partition into the war room. "Amy is a wizard. She set the recording computer up so that it stores the transcriptions on a central server that we four can access. She forwarded us the link."

"I have never heard you use that many words to say 'it's under control'," Paul said. "Brady, you fancy her?"

"Not available, she's gay."

"And as far as I remember you are happily married. Amy, gay? How do you know?" Paul was confused.

"She told me," Brady shrugged.

Amy shouted over from the next room. "I pulled your leg, Brady!"

Brady looked irritated as he gazed through the glass partition. "I still don't know how she is doing this. That's the fourth time that I watched her performing a mind-reading know-all trick."

"You are just in a foul mood because she pulled one on you."

"Kids, you know," Brady muttered.