Chapter Four

Remember you're beautiful ♡

***

Chapter 4

We climbed out of the jeep and grabbed our bags.

I glanced over at Alex and he smiled at me, flashing his perfect teeth and perfect smile.

The way the skin around his mouth crinkled when he smiled, and the way the bright afternoon sun glow fell around his figure.

He looked beyond attractive.

I ran to catch up with Jake.

"Hey sweetheart," He winked, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"Back off Jake," I warned, narrowing my eyes at him.

He smirked, before dropping his arm to his side. I rolled my eyes.

"So, how are you going to choose?" He inquired.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, "What?"

He sighed dramatically, "I know you find Ashton and Alex attractive, I see the way you drool when you stare at them."

My jaw dropped, "I do not! I just met Ashton yesterday, and Alex and I have a complicated history."

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever you say darling."

He ran to catch up with Noah, leaving me nearly stunned with the conversation I had just had.

***

I spread the blanket out on the burning, golden sand.

I slid my white shirt over my head, and my denim shorts off my legs, revealing my bare arms and legs.

I felt my cheeks heat up when all four of the boys gave me a once over.

Noah wolf-whistled, making me blush further.

Noah snapped the other boys back to reality and they looked away, their cheeks almost as pink as mine.

"Come on darling, you're coming with me!" Alex exclaimed, scooping me up and tossing me over his shoulder.

He ran into the water, dropping me into the cold, salty liquid.

"I hate you!" I screeched, grabbing his hand and pulling him in the water with me.

I was only partly kidding.

It's only been two days; there is no way I'm getting over what he did to my family that easily.

***

After a while of splashing around in the water, Alex stopped moving, looking at something behind me.

"Forgive me for what I'm about to do," He mumbled quickly, reaching behind my neck and bringing my lips smashing onto his.

The small butterflies in my stomach went straight to fireworks, fading into small sparks.

Our lips moved in sync. I almost forgot about every thing he had done; then he pulled away.

Once he did, and I looked behind me, I realized why he did what he did.

Sierra.

I couldn't keep my heart from sinking to the pit of my stomach.

When Alex kissed me, it brought back old memories I thought I had buried deep enough in the past.

His hand brushed against mine as he moved pass me.
I spun around to see he was going towards Sierra.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, snapping back to reality.

He glanced back at me, mouthing two words which made me want to punch him, "Shut up".

He stood next to her, and I saw a devilish grin stretch across her face as she turned her head slightly to look at me.

But then her eyes slowly turned into burning flames full of fury.
She balled up her fists and clenched her jaw, anger burning through her veins.

"But why her?" Sierra seethed loudly, turning to face Alex.

I couldn't tell what he said after that, but whatever it was, it made her angrier than she already was, which honestly frightened me.

I watched as a tear slid down her rosey cheek, falling into the water.

He turned around, and walked towards me, leaving her a crying mess.

He held a victorious smirk on his face as he locked eyes with me; and I couldn't keep the corners of my mouth from twitching upwards.

"What did you tell her?" I demanded, once he was standing only inches away from me.

"I told her that she had her chance, that I love you now, and she can go find some other guy's heart to mess with." He explained.

What he said wasn't cruel, so I figured her crying was what he was smirking about.

I know, we're evil....And we embrace it.

***

After I got dropped off at home, I went to my room.

I didn't bother making something for dinner because we had stopped at McDonald's on the way home.

I didn't need to look for the note, because due to the eery silence in the house, it was obvious mom wasn't home.

I grabbed a pair of pajamas and turned on the shower.

It felt good to wash the salt water out of my hair.

After my shower I crawled into bed, looking up at the ceiling.

I may think Ashton is attractive, but my old feelings for Alex are definitely coming back.

***

What do you guys think happened between Alex, Sierra, and Violet???

It sounds pretty big, huh?

If one of you get even close to the right answer in the comments, I'll follow you, but no cheating...

BYEEEE!