Chapter 32 | There Was Some Chocolate On Your Lip

[Ambrosia Bellemore]

I was in trouble.

I don't know what compelled me to step foot into the kitchen with the intention of cooking something for dinner while Freida was out on a date with Jeremy.

But right now, I'm in deep, deep trouble.

The fried chicken which was supposed to be dark brown and crispy looked charred black and not even slightly edible. The pan fried noodles looked like medusa's hair had been cut off and deep fried in alcohol.

"Shit," I mutter as the smoke starts coming out of the oven. The brownies were supposed to be a special treat, but it seemed like even they were beyond saving now.

Sighing with defeat, I walk into the living room, ready to order a pizza and save the day. But my eyes fall on a square peice of paper with a number scrawled hastily on it.

Aha, but I've got a better plan to save the day.

Dialling the number quickly, I wait for him to pick up.

"Hóla!" He greets, his enthusiasm seeping through the phone.

"Emilio? It's Ambrosia." I say nervously.

"Oh, signora. What can I do for you?"

"Uh Emilio, I was wondering if you deliver? It's an emergency."

~•~

[Calum Achorn]

The phone rings for the third time.

Growling in frustration, I pick it up and press it to my ear.

"WHY WEREN'T YOU PICKING UP MY CALL?" The usually excited voice growls at me.

"Calm down, Emy. I'm at the office. What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Everything's wrong! Ambrosia has ordered and Danny is out for groceries. How am I supposed to get her her food? It seems to be a food emergency!" He babbles.

"A food emergency, Emilio? It can't be that serious." I say dismissively.

"Yes, it is. A food emergency is always a grave emergency." He argues, almost whining. I sigh.

"What do you want me to do? I can send Charles, he can drop it off at her house." I suggest.

"No, that's not right. I can't send a complete stranger to give my signora her food."

"You're a stranger to her too, Emilio." I remind him.

"No, we're friends. She called me in her time of need. She adores me."

"Fine. So what do you want me to do?" I ask, my patience was waning thin.

"You can take the food to her house. Yes! That's perfect." He gushes, I can even hear him jumping in his roller skates on the other side of the phone.

"Don't be ridiculous, Emilio. I'm her boss. We've a strict work relationship." I argue.

"But you did bring her on a date the other day."

"It wasn't.."

"And you did have lunch with her in your special place."