Chapter 50.1| Wedding Invitations

[Ambrosia Bellemore]

For the next few days, Neave's wedding was all everyone thought about. She wanted everything to be perfect, and I was determined to make the day magical for her.

Calum had agreed to be the best man for the wedding, not that he had any choice. I'd promised to plan our next date if he came with me without grumbling.

Two days before her big day, Neave called me while I was at the office.

"The bakery said you cancelled the order of my wedding cake," She says, calmly.

"Um, yeah. It was a hideous cake." I say.

"I designed it myself," She says.

I don't say anything.

"What are you planning?" She asks suspiciously.

"Nothing. No plans."

"Okay. Will the cake be there on time?"

"Yep." I say, hanging up.

My mother and I still weren't talking, even though we both tried to outshine each other in the wedding preparations. She surprised Neave and Paul with a new car yesterday, but I was positive that the cake would change everything. I was going to win.

When Calum dropped me home at night, there was another surprise waiting for me on the kitchen counter. A pink box with frilly ribbons and sparkles. With a squeal, I throw away my purse and my shoes and get my hands on it.

"What's wrong?" Freida runs out of her room frantically. She notices me staring at the box in awe and smiles knowingly.

"It's from Caecelia. I already opened mine." She says.

I gingerly lift the top off the box and pick up the letter inside.

Dear Ambrosia,

We've been through thick and thin. I've seen you covered in garbage and eating like a gorilla. You've seen me crying over boys and puking over my own clothes. I'm aware that my choice of boys has been a little awry, but I'm positive that this time, I'm doing something right. So, I need you by my side. And to lift my dress when I need to pee.

I  give a scream of delight and hug Freida out of sheer happiness

"I'm so happy!" I say, tears streaming down my face.

"Me too! So many weddings!" Freida says with a laugh, patting my head.

"I have to call Caecelia," I say. She picks up two rings later and two seconds later, the three of us are shrieking.

"I can't believe you're marrying Timothy Green!" Freida screams.

"You'll be Caecelia Green!" I scream.

"I can't believe I'm getting married!" Caecelia screams.

"OH MY GOD!" The three of us scream together.