Chapter 5

This midnight, we're here in the military area as what I call it due to barracks and training grounds when I viewed the city mentally to myself literally during the investigation and intel gathering.

We arrive at the now-renamed Liberteria disguised as masked agents.

The clothing we wore speak of chain-mail wearing samurai-shinobi hybrid found in fantasy games.

For myself, I brought over one of my weapons, Divine Edge, a blue-bladed European two-handed sword which I normally use with one hand only instead of two. The reason was because of a perk that allows me to use two-handed weapons as a one-handed type.

Since the situation is serious and got some ignorant forces resisting the changes over this place brought after my arrival through my chancellor who relay my orders, it's time to use this weapon to show I mean prosperity and benevolence to my territory and to prove the people who don't believe gods such as I, exist.

I have nothing against those types but there will be a time when my low-key act to be discovered.

With Lily and Adreanne as my companions, the firepower we have for this needs some bit ups in numbers if we were to encounter a high leveled squadron of magic archers which I personally be wary of due to my unpleasant experience in being killed by them during the Guild Wars in the past. Going at them head on is not the option right now. Yet, strangely enough, my memories from my former world were all intact but real name is not. I believe this world is more than I ask for. Memories were blurry at first but names were not. As you see as time lapsed, those things become very clear except faces.

No matter what this act of the gods do us, all I ask for is a world of benevolence, a prosperity in the future.

Regarding the rebels as it was connected to my quest, I have back up plans in case something go wrong.

"Anne should be here any minute now from her scouting."

It's been five days after I gave Anne my blessing to her. Not because of her lineage but her personality. So I accepted her feelings so did Lily's.

For receiving such passive buffs from me, she became stronger than her previous self. As for Lily, she received an upgraded version of "God Emperor's Blessings" which increases her stats and reserves. No 'stack' since the upgraded version is the same thing in nature.

Speaking of her, I sensed her magic signature within gap's reach. She should be within any minute now from scouting.

A 'swish' of wind landed behind me.

"Lord Balin, I've checked the area. Not many gathered but I've seen a baldy man named Drew Dylserge leading his 'revolution'." Anne said, empathizing 'revolution' as if the results from it if were to be succeed bring disaster.

That guy by the way is the name of the target. He's the one leading his own version of 'revolution'. His family's history, I don't really like it. His family got hidden shady dealings even in politics the first place they appeared. I also heard they owned a farming land where they killed their 'tenants', the farmers who are the real owners, daily with their private army.

"Some numbers..that make it more challenging for me considering we have to do with that poor excuse of living being." Anne commented sourly with Lily nodding her head at her assessment.

Well, she's right. The reports we heard last Martis were all what not of public reputation stated to be on surface- it's all lies and deceits through their network of companies mostly connected to the criminal underworld. One of the survived victims, who my chevalier guys smuggled, said that at the castle room. The treatment that she and her family received, it's way out of the line in my standards.

I cannot imagine what will happen if the quest I received wasn't mine. But I cannot make that fool's family and its connection stand still under my watch. Best to purge the disgusting dynasty once and for all.

A voice out from shadows spoke. "My lord, our scouts spotted armed men wearing the Army's uniform dyed in dark purple with black scarf. It appears some of the rebels who doubted your existance, joined the Rebels."

These rebels, they're just small fries. Some of them were shady and corrupt individuals and nobles alike. If it's an otherworlder, I will make sure their existence will be of dust because society will be filled with ugliness and instability as it was stated from stories I read.

In my own words, they deserve no place in this world and my kingdom. I am all for transparency and such but rebelling against me and my government? A big no since all the assigned individuals on each sector, districts and ministry were all talented incorruptible men who served me, my subjects and the kingdom.

Those who opposed that, were the removed 'weeds' whose belongings and properties distributed to the needy and to other reforms that I direct to the chancellor.

It seems I have to clean up my territories while exploring the world at the same time.

I hope what I will do next will show an example why my country does not need people like them or else suffer consequences.

"Okay, we're going with Plan B." I snapped my fingers and suddenly hooded figures clad in black walked out from thin air.

I turned and faced these precious ladies dear to me.

They both look beautiful behind their mask.

"Lily, Anne, you know what to do."

After I gave out my commands, two of my companions nodded and led the Shadow Riders to the location.

The script will be moving now. This is my first time cleaning my own yard.

"You three follow me, I have a task for you to do."

~

As I stand before the crowd giving a speech of Paradise which for my mind is more wealth going to my myself and my clan and possibly those who will be my faithful dogs, the faces of these fools, I think nothing else to give them small reward and benefits should my plan work.

Those insects from the Capital, they keep getting in my way of Paradise lately! They're executing those friends of mine! I have business with them but I had no choice to save our lives from it.

Luckily, I'm a general assigned to this location so I still have resources to use for my desire.

"Sir, we have to get out of here real quick! Our scouts saw a black-haired beastman looking for you."

A door in front of me suddenly open, what came out was tired grunt whose name I do not give a wink-Wait did he say beastman looking for me?

"Come again?" I asked the fool once more.

"Umm.." his face shifted into fear?

Is it just me who sensed his life force and mana reserve getting drained? People die without chances of reincarnation in next life when both emptied due to soul destroyed.

"A B-beastman told me that a god has descended to punish u- GAH!"

Of all the things I experienced in my military career, I never see something such sight especially in our clan's 'handling' the insects within our ancestral lands. The man turned into nothingness instead of becoming wisps of energy after death.

W-what kind of spell was that? Why am I fearing from it?