Discovering a Reaction

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

His words would've been effective had her story really been completely true, but since it wasn't, it had the opposite effect. She did have her whole life ahead of her even if it was bound to be short with Tarhuinn. That's why she had started all of this: to live longer. Will's words only motivated her more to get him to travel to the pixies. Once the deal was made, Tarhuinn and she could move on. Tarhuinn most likely wouldn't just walk out of the area without causing trouble, but she would convince him one way or another to let it go for the time being.

Perhaps, she would've had a much longer life had she never listened to Tarhuinn's calls and remained in her room, but she would've been locked away for it all. Could one really call that living? To her, this was the better alternative. Even more so was it because, in the beginning, she might've not had this opportunity had Tarhuinn not been willing.

Looking to the mage before her, (f/n) nodded her head but continued to wear her saddened expression. "Thank you. I'll think on it." He responded with a warm smile before his attention returned to the cooking fish.

Getting up, he grabbed two bowls and spoons before he came back to the table. Soon enough, the soup was served. She thanked him for the meal, glad that it wasn't some questionable meat. (F/n) wrapped her hands around the bowl at first to warm them up even more. When she took her first bite, she couldn't help the small smile that appeared on her lips. It tasted delicious. The eighteen year old found herself gobbling down the meal only to have a chuckle reach her ears.

Glancing out of the corners of her eyes, she noted Will quite amused. "I must say that I should've searched for you out in those woods if you like my cooking that much. It's a nice change from the complaints of my sister and her friends. Not to mention your difference in eating techniques."

Heat invaded her cheeks a little bit. She hadn't meant to be so obvious, but it really did taste amazing. Part of it might be, though, that she hadn't had a warm meal in several days. There were was the bread, but it didn't compare to this. "Sorry, all the running made me hungrier than I realized." (F/n) glanced down to the bowl, still embarrassed, and ate with her spoon more delicately.

"There's no reason to hold yourself back. Like I said, it's a welcome change. All of them would typically eat with a doubtful look on their faces and slowly as though they could make something better out of the resources around here. They were rather ungrateful."

Giving him a side glance, she analyzed his face as though she were seriously debating his words. She pressed her lips together before she looked back to the soup. In the next instant, she went back to her old eating style. Another chuckle hit her ears, but she took it as approval. So far, she seemed to only be on his good side unless everything he did he adjusted to his victim's personality.

Over the course of the meal, which was short-lived for her, she went back to asking various questions of him. They weren't anything serious since she wished to keep the conversation on less sensitive topics. Despite the simplicity of the questions, any information could be turned against him in one way or another. There was just the issue of whether he was answering them truthfully or not. She had tried to discern what information wasn't falsified, but it ended up bringing no success.