Chapter Seven - Raven Soul

River's pov:

"Mom?" I asked the person who opened the door.

She was short and had the same hair color as I did. She had green eyes and freckles. She did look like she could be my mother.

She bent sideways and pulled out a knife.

What the heck!

Then she jumped, knife in hand and went for my throat.

I stumped backward as quickly as I could but didn't get far. The long, sharp butcher knife sunk into stomach, just below the rip cage.

I groaned in pain as she pushed it farther. My powers went working I couldn't use the elements to save myself. Why not?

Suddenly my creepy, killer mom was thrown off of me and Blair was there.

"Oh my god River." Blair said looking down at me.

"It is bad?" I wheezed.

"I'm going the to have to take the knife out." Blair said.

"Do it quickly." I said.

She bent down and pushed down around the knife. I winced.

"Sorry. Here bite down in this." She said.

It was a piece of my shirt that was ripped off when my mom tried to kill me.

I bit down hard and closed my eyes.

I felt pressure on my stomach then the blade coming out of me.

I bit down harder and groaned again.

"River you need to stop moving." Blair said.

I tried to relax and remain still as she went back to work.

In one quick movement she pulled it out and put her sweatshirt on it to stop the bleeding.

I screamed into the cloth when she pulled it out. I felt dizzy and really, really tired.

"River? River can you hear me?" Blair said.

"Mhum." I mumbled.

"Ok, just stay awake, I'll call Nancy and Buckly will he here any m-"

Blair's voice was cut off my a brick. I used a lot of strength and looked over to see my mother with any other knife and Blair's forehead bleeding.

Were going to die.

I watched as Blair attempted to get away with out being cut again.

More groans and blood. My eye lids felt heavy, and I was suddenly tired.

Something hit my head, hard and I blacked out.

!•!•!•?•?•?•?•?•?!•!•?•?•?•?•?•?•?!•!•!•!•

Blair's pov:

In the end I managed to knock River's psycho mother out and look at River. Who was also unconscious at the moment, thanks to his mom who bashed a brick on his head. My head really hurt to. I felt her cut my forehead, arm and collar.

I also got her though. Not with the knife but with my fists. She had a black and blue bruise on her temple, which she got when I knocked her out, a few on her arms and hopefully a bunch on her stomach.

I went in the house to see if there was medical supplies.

I found the bathroom and a very advanced first aid kit. I looked in the mirror, I wouldn't need stitches in my forehead but it would leave a long thin scar from my hair line down to my left eyebrow.