Chapter 2

Unfortunately (Name) and Jake weren't that lucky after all. They had come home to discover their parent's bodies. Jake had seen bits and pieces but (Name) did her best to cover it up from his view. The police were all around, taped off parts of the house that made (Name) and Jake stay in one safe spot, the living room, left untouched. They now both sat on the couch crying quietly as officers asked questions regarding if there was anyone that they knew who might have done this. (Name) shook her head no. No one would believe her if she said that some random guy from the TV might have done it. Tears rolled down her face as Jake and she were led off to a police car. They were being taken to the station until family could pick them up.

(Name) held Jake close to her, petting his head to calm the sobbing boy that was crying in her chest. They were waiting at the station for their aunt to pick them up. (Name) made shushing noises, trying to calm her little brother down as people stared with pity or annoyance. (Name) felt a sudden burning hatred for that man, how dare he take their precious parents away from them. Jake let out another heavy huff as more tears came. (Name) felt horrible and responsible for this mess.

"It's okay Jake, you have me here and your big sister won't let anything happen to you, I promise." (Name) said as she patted his head. He calmed himself a bit and managed to look up at her.

"D-Do you think t-that if I pinch m-myself hard enough, I'll wake up in bed where you and m-mom and d-dad will be?" He managed to stutter but more tears came out heavy. (Name) looked down at the floor. How could she answer him? 

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she gave a shaky light smile to Jake and said, "M-Maybe."

Doors flung up and a rushing lady came into the station.

"Where are they? (Name)?! Jake?!" The lady spotted them and ran up to them as (Name) and Jake moved towards her. She hugged them tightly, their aunt was in tears.

"It's okay now, you're safe." She hugged Jake and patted (Name's) head.

Before they could go, they all had to answer more questions. Eventually, they were able to go back to their aunt's house. The drive home was quiet, only sniffling and small hiccupping was heard.

"Aunt Mary, are almost there?" Jake asked. Their aunt only hummed and finally answered with a yes.

"Yes, we are, in fact here it is!" She tried to sound happy for the two as she parked the car in the driveway.

(Name) got out first, then she helped Jake get out of the truck. It was too tall for his little legs. As (Name) carried Jake, she finally got a look at their Aunt's house. It wasn't what she expected, then again mom and dad never really visited Aunt Mary that often. It was always Aunt Mary visiting them.

It wasn't a house that was too big or too small. It was just the right size for all three of them. It was a tan house with a beautiful landscape of flowers. It made (Name) feel a bit better, Jake just held on to (Name).

Aunt Mary opened the door for the two, "We'll get you guys some clothes and snacks later on today," she said as she showed them their new rooms. (Name) thanked her and placed Jake down. Now all that was left was to get comfortable and try to make this home. It would take some time for the wounds to heal, but it'll heal. (Name) closed her eyes and sighed, she will have to be strong for Jake. The possibility of that man being out there still is too high for (Name) to risk Jake's safety. She will protect him no matter what, even if it costs her... her own life.

A/N- Yes, this is short but it's not that important. We will get more of Ben time later, I promise! Hope you enjoyed this even though it's a short chapter. If you did like this chapter, please vote and comment your feedback! It is really appreciated and I am always looking for help to grow as an author! Thank you so much!