Chapter 14

This week has been nothing but stressful for (Name). With college projects kicking her but and Ben needing a reply, (Name) felt nothing but drained. She laid on her bed as Jake sat on her floor reading a book. She stared at him until looking up from his book, Jake stared back. (Name) didn't realize she was even staring at him until he started giggling.

"Ugh... I'm so freaking tired!" (Name) groaned out. Jake closed his book and ran to the bed, jumping on it and landing on his back, he had almost hit (Name).

"Why are you tired?" Jack hummed as he flipped over to his stomach. He gave his sister a warm smile as he waited to hear what she would say.

(Name) patted his head as she said, "School is just annoying and boy troubles. You'll understand when you're older."

"Ooooooo (Name) has a boyfriend!" Jake sang aloud as he giggled.

"He is not my boyfriend!" (Name) sat up and reached for Jake. Pulling him close, she began to tickle him. The room was filled with happy laughter and soon it ended when Jake managed to free himself from the tickle monster. He ran out of the room laughing. (Name) sat on her bed. Would Ben and her ever be something more? She laid back on the Ben and began to think.

Ben had killed her parents, (Name) felt like it would be weird to be in love with the person who killed her own family. At the same time, he has been proving himself to her ever since they talked at the coffee shop. She just wasn't sure how she really felt about it; she had mixed feelings about the whole thing but she knew she couldn't make Ben wait for an answer forever, it wasn't fair to him since he's been trying to prove himself to her.

(Name) decided that she would go talk to Aunt Mary about her conflicting feelings, however, she'll leave the murdering aspect out of it. (Name) got up and walked down the hallway, she found her aunt folding her clothes as she sat on the bed.

"Aunt Mary?" (Name) leaned on the door frame, resting her head on it.

"Yes, dear?" Aunt Mary looked up from her folding pile and scooted over, patting the other side of the bed that was clear for (Name) to sit on. (Name) walked over, sitting on the bed and leaning her head on her aunt's shoulder.

"I'm having boy trouble." (Name) mumbled.

"What kind of trouble? Is it with that young man from before?" (Name) shrugged, she wasn't really sure how to tell her about her problem.

"Yes but... it's just over someone simple... I think."

"Go on honey." Aunt Mary continued to fold clothes as (Name) thought about where to start with her problem.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend... but I don't know how I feel about it."

"About the problem or him?" Aunt Mary chuckled at herself as (Name) nudged her playfully.

"I don't know how I feel about him." (Name) chuckled with her aunt.

"Well, I think you must like him since you're coming to me about him. That doesn't me you do though. How does he make you feel?" (Name) didn't have to think of an answer, she already knew how she felt.

"Usually annoyed but I still feel happy when I'm with him. It's like a playful annoyed feeling. When I'm with him."

"What does your heart say?"

"My heart?" (Name) thought about it, she never considered how her heartfelt when she was with him.

"It feels funny sometimes but normally I'm just a blushing angry mess to not really notice it." (Name) finally answered, her eyes widen. She didn't mean to say all of that but it just all fell out of her. Aunt Mary laughed.

"I think you know the answer child." (Name's) Aunt patted her head and then went back to putting away her laundry. (Name) rushed out of her aunt's room, blushing hard from embarrassment.

"Wait to go (Name)!" She thought as she made it to the bathroom and splashed cold water on her face.

"I do not like Ben!" She whispered shouted to herself. She felt like it would be too uncomfortable to like the person who killed her family but there was this annoying longing feeling inside of her. What was she going to do?

(Name) paced around her room. She was the only one who knew of him as the murderer. No one else knew. So that made it okay, right? (Name) ruffled her hair and flopped on the bed. Why does everything have to be complicated?

As she laid on the bed, (Name) began to remember all the good times with Ben. Like the time they went out to dinner, whatever did happen to that couple by the bathroom? She laughed to herself when she remembered the fair and getting back at Ben earlier this week. Those were good times... but would those good times come to end soon? (Name) frowned, she wanted them to continue but how was the question. She felt like she was over thinking it.

As she laid on her bed thinking of different outcomes, she finally made her decision. She took a deep breath in as she got up from the bed, cursing herself for not having the courage to tell Ben. She got dressed to go out and messaged Ben to meet her at the coffee shop. She headed out, it was time for her to tell him the truth.

A/N - One more chapter after this, nooooo! Will (Name) confess her love or will she smash Ben's heart?! Only next week will we find. Thank you magical elf (MusicalLover8)for helping me get unstuck from a portion of this chapter, I appreciate the help! Also, the magical elf has posted  her first chapter of her book, I recommend that you guys check out this new fantasy/slow romance book called The Valkyrie.

Thank you guys for sticking with me! If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote. Want to give feedback or just start a conversation with me? Then please leave a comment. Thank you so much for reading, hope you enjoyed it!