Chapter 17

Elna p.o.v

The gang and I finally got a plan in the end. They told me that I should try and track the call but I told them that he uses a burner phone and that he got rid of it right after he was finished last time, so he would probably do it again, the dude really made it difficult for us to work out a plan.

Chad asked me for a list of names that might be after me. He also asked me to describe them as well as the caller. So we only kept the most accurate descriptions, but right now there is nothing we can do except to wait until he calls again.

The gang is monitoring my calls and trying to find the location where he is coming from, we might not be able to pinpoint the exact location, but we may get some photos of the areas and where he is calling from most.

The plan doesn't sound so effective but when they put their heads to it they can even make the worst plan work.

I was bored and decided to continue with my essay. It's killing me, it couldn't have been a worse topic that the professor could have given me, so...

I was in the middle of typing when I heard a knock on my door. I sighed and stood up ready to yell at the person that interrupted me because if it's the school bimbo that's here to terrorize me, I might just kill.

When I opened the door I was surprised at who was standing in front of me. Daniel was standing in my doorway with a white muscle shirt showing his toned abs and some black jeans with black converse and a leather jacket, where I just changed back into sweats and an oversized hoodie, my hair tied up into a messy bun.

I feel so underdressed...

"Hun, I know I'm hot, but if you want some all you have to do is ask you know..." He said smirking. I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment at being caught.

Wait...I don't blush!

I rolled my eyes before asking him what he wanted, "Well I simply wanted to borrow some sugar my dear, sweet neighbor."

"Yea I doubt that. What do you want dumbass?" I asked again.

"Fine. I'm bored and I want company," He said pushing past me and walking into my room going straight for my bed.

"What do you think you're doing? If you want company go to your little gang buddies, not me."

"Why? I'm with them most of the time and I want some company other than them."

"Go somewhere else then, I'm busy!" I argued and sat back down in front of my computer in irritation.

"With what?" He asked me and stood behind me peering over my shoulder.

"With my essay, doofus! It's already difficult enough and I'm already out of ideas and only halfway, I don't need you to make it even more so," I complained to him.

"The nerd is having trouble with school work?" He fake gasped,

"Daniel please, just be quiet. I have a headache and I want to finish as much of this crap as possible,"

But when I thought he couldn't get any more of a pain, he took my computer from over my head and sat on my bed crossing his legs.

"What do you think your doing!? Give it back!"

"I'm helping you. Now hush, so that I can read through what you have so far." He said while reading. I huffed and plopped down next to him watching him work on my creation of a mess. Some help might not be so bad,

He corrected my grammar and spelling errors causing me to feel slightly embarrassed that I suck at English, but in my defense, I said I'm good at shooting, not grammar.

When Daniel was halfway my phone ringed. I felt my heart rate spike when I thought about the stalker calling, but when I saw who the caller was I scowled and ignored it going back to see what Daniel was doing. After a few moments of silence and typing on the keyboard, it rang again and I checked it as I pressed decline once more, but when it rang the third and fourth time Daniel looked over at me, "Aren't you going to answer that? I don't think the caller is going to give up," I sighed in annoyance and stood up.

"What!? What could be so important that you have to call me four bloody times!?" I yelled into the phone as I answered,

"Oof, happy I'm not the receiver," I heard Daniel mumble. I glared at him and turned my back on him.

"Well is that any way to speak to your father Ellie?"

"Don't. Don't you dare call me that! And you're not my father, get that in your damn head!"

"Watch your tone when you speak to me," He said trying to stay calm.

"What do you want?" I spit at him

"I want you and your sister to be back home by next week,"

I let out a humorless laugh, "Or what? You can't get to us, you don't even know where we are,"

"That's what you think. If you're not back here by next week, my guy will do some stuff that you won't like, Elna,"

"Whatever he would do can't be worse than what you did to me and Elizabeth! And what guy did you send for your dirty work this time?"

"Do you remember Paul? He's looking for payback after what you did to him."

I gasped and then rage took completely over, "You stay the hell away from me and my sister! You can tell that to Paul as well. I'm not that little girl that you used to treat like crap! And I will stand up for both of us. So help me if you touch Lizzy I will kill you and that brat you call a wife. If you want me dead, fine but kill me yourself you coward!" I said and ended the call.

How dare he! He has always wanted to hurt me and my sister and I'm starting to get sick of it! If he wants to hurt me he can give it his best shot.

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and out of instinct I grabbed it and bent it behind the person's back. When I took a closer look at him I saw that it was Daniel. I let go of his arm instantly and he turned to face me with a look of concern.

He lifted his hand to my face and I flinched, he stopped for a second but then brought his hand to my cheek and wiped tears away that I didn't notice had escaped. I leaned into his comforting touch but when I realized what I was doing I pulled away and wiped my eyes feeling pathetic for crying.

"Are you o-" He started but I cut him off,

"You should go,"

"El-"

"Just go, thanks for helping with the essay but, please, leave," I pleaded. He looked into my eyes just before I turned around and headed for my bathroom.

I closed the door behind me and listened to the other one opening and closing indicating that Daniel left, leaving me alone.

They always do...