5. Photoshoots

A visual for today's chapter, enjoy!

First morning as a wife in her in-law's house

After a quick "getting ready" session, both of them went downstairs, where the Hanyu family were waiting. Yuzuru immediately joined his father in front of the television and Reika went to the kitchen to help preparing breakfast with Yuzuru's mother.

"Ohayou gozaimasu, Hanyu-san." Reika greets Yumi Hanyu, who's washing the vegetables. She put the veggies on the counter and smile at Reika, "Ara, just call me Okaasan, dear."

Ah, right. Reika nods as she remembers that she's a Hanyu now. "What can I help, Okaasan?"

"Hm, let's see," Yumi walks to fridge, which Reika follows. She takes some dashi, nori, miso, and eggs and put it on the counter. "Can you please wrap the rice with the nori, Reika-chan? I'm planning on making nori-wrapped rice and miso soup.

"Of course!" Reika turns off the rice steamer and put the rice on a big bowl, and as she wait for the rice to cool off, an idea crosses her mind. "Ah," she says. "Okaasan, I can make some eggrolls meanwhile! My brothers love my eggrolls."

"Alright then," Yumi shrugs. "Just be careful on using the pan."

"Un."

Reika starts to whip the eggs and mix it with the seasoning. Without her realizing it, Yumi watches how she cooks.

"Do you like to cook, Reika?" she asks suddenly.

"Hm..." Reika starts frying the eggs. "I used to like cooking for myself, but too shy to cook for my family. But eventually I came out of my little bubble and had my brothers eat my cookings."

Remembering her childhood makes her smile. "Back then, I know for a fact I put too much salt and garlic on my fried rice, and I didn't want to serve it, but Jun-niisan and Ken-niisan insist they wanted to eat it. And they did anyway. They smiled and say 'oishii!' and even finished the whole plate." She giggles once more. "Afterwards I had a taste of the fried rice, and I felt like I wanted to puke."

Yumi Hanyu laughes, "Such kind brothers you have."

Thinking about it makes her smile. "Hai," she agrees.

"Here's the eggrolls, Okaasan." Reika put the egg rolls she cooked on a plate.

"Ah, right." Yumi quickly checks her miso soup. "It's ready," she smiles as she turns the stove off.

"Alright, Reika-chan, please take five bowls and ten little plates from the rack. Then afterwards we share the food. Each person gets one bowl of miso soup, one plate of the rice and one plate of your eggrolls."

***

"How was it, minna-san?"

"It's really good!" Saaya cheerfully responds with a full mouth. "Sasuga Okaasan!"