Safe now

Song: Fix you by Coldplay

Weston's POV:

My grandparents are already at the hospital when the ambulance arrives. So are hers, they followed us all the way here. They wheel her out taking her to one of the rooms, saying they want to check everything out making sure nothing is broken or internal damage. They make me sit in a wheelchair and roll me to one of the other rooms to have my leg looked at.

I end up getting fifteen stitches from that stupid knife wound. When they are done, I am free to go. I find all of them in the waiting room. I hate coming here. I hate waiting and not knowing if everything is alright or not. When I walk in I ask, "Still haven't heard anything?"

They all shake their head no. A few minutes later the doors open and it just so happens to be the good doctor, Dr. Threadgood. I jump up. "How is she....tell me she is going to be alright?"

"She is going to be just fine. If you haven't gotten there when you did I'm pretty sure he would have killed her."

"How is she?"

"Bruised up pretty good; she had a gash in her foot from stepping on a piece of broken ceramic. We got it out and she has stitches. Her left arm is fractured and she suffered multiple blows. I'm sure she will be sore for a good week or so."

"Can we see her?"

"Of course, they put her in room 210 for now. I would like to keep her over night just in case...you never know."

We take the elevator up and my palms are sweaty. I shouldn't be nervous seeing her but I am. When we go in she is awake and the moment she sees me she starts to cry. I hurriedly go to her side.

"Hey babe everything is going to be alright."

She shakes her head. "I told you he would find a way. I knew he would come back after me."

Pops walks over to the bed. "Hey kido...I promise you he will never lay another finger on you...ever."

"He will get back out of jail; there is no stopping him."

"Actually....sweetheart he is dead. He will never come after you again."

She looks at him and then up to me shaking her head in disbelief.

I take her hand and pull it to my lips, looking into her eyes I confirm the truth, "its true...he is dead...gone for good this time."

Cecilia's POV:

I wake up in a hospital, with Dr, Threadgood standing over me. I squint up at him because the lights are so bright up in here. He smiles down at me. "There she is....do you know where you are?"

I shake my head yes.

"What's your name?"

"Cecilia Tucker."

"And how old are you?"

"Eighteen....you know that already."

He laughs. "Well at least I know you're going to be ok. You had a good concussion there."

"Where is Weston? Is he ok?" I ask. I need to know if he is ok before I start to panic. I can't remember anything. I mean I know he came into the house and he was talking to my dad but after that I have no clue.

"He is fine. I'm sure he is waiting to see you."

He finishes checking me out with two of the nurses. When they are done they take me to another room. They want to keep me overnight. I'm all alone in this freaking white room. Why can't they add some color in here? Where are they; I feel like I have been in here forever. If they don't come soon I may just have to get out of this bed to go see what is going on. Maybe they are lying to me about Weston. Maybe he is not alright. What if he is dead? What if my father killed him and they are trying to figure out how to break it to me. What if...

The door opens and in walks Weston slightly limping and Grammy and Pops and even his grandparents. Oh my god....he is here...he is alive. Thank you God for not taking him away from me. I start to cry and in no time he is by my side holding my hand assuring me everything is going to be alright.

My mind wants to play tricks on me. I hate my imagination sometimes always getting the better of me. In a split second my mind turns on my dad...he is still out there. I know he either got away or if he is arrested he will find a way out. "I told you he would find a way. I knew he would come back after me."

Pops walks closer to my bed and shakes his head. "Hey kido, I promise you he will never lay a finger on you...ever."

I shake my head. "He will get back out of jail...there is no stopping him."

"Actually....sweetheart he is dead. He will never come after you again."

What...he can't be. Nothing can kill that man. I look at him and then at Weston. If he is dead, who killed him?

Weston takes my hand and holds it up to his lips. He kisses the back of my hand and looks into my eyes. "It's true...he is dead...gone for good this time."

"But how?"

"I did it. I killed that son-of-a-bitch," says Pops. "So you don't have to ever worry ever again. I made sure he will never come back to hurt you."