Scent

Aprils pov

Ladies and gentlemen you won't believe what Esmy (Esmeralda allowed me to call her that) meant when she said "sister bonding". I'll tell you what she meant, she meant shopping!

Its been three agonizing hours of shopping for clothes. She said I need casual, official and other types of clothing and shoes to go with them.. Not to forget panties and bras.

I mean, goddess knows I need them and trust me when I say I'm very grateful but seriously three hours??

"Esmy! Come on, can we please take a break?" I say tired from carrying five bags in each hand.

"Fiiinneee!" She relents.

There is a goddess after all! I've been asking her if we could take a break for the past hour and she didn't crack. So, to say I'm happy would be an understatement.. I'm over the moon😁😁😁😁😁.

"How about we go to that restaurant?" She says pointing to a restaurant that is opposite where we're standing.

My smile grows even wider and I say :

"Yes please" Sounding like a five year old.

She smiles and walks towards the restaurant.

I follow closely behind her and take a seat that's next to the window, opposite from Esmy.

"What are you going to have?" Esmy asks.

"Chicken and fries." I say in a heartbeat.

She gives me a look that reads " are you serious?".

"What? I love chicken!" I say defensively and plus I haven't eaten it in over seven months but she doesn't have to know that.

She shakes her head smiling and when the waiter comes she gives him our order.

PS. She ordered the same food I did ❤❤

We sit in silence waiting for our food until she says:

"Hey April , can I ask you something?" She asks and it reminds me of the question game Jason and I played last night. I smile at the memory.

"Sure." I say.

"Don't think of this as an interrogation, think of it more as me asking out of curiosity." She says looking at me.

"Okay." I say and strangely my voice comes out confident which is so far from what I'm feeling.

"How long have you been a rogue?" She asks seriously.

Damn! I sincerely hope she doesn't ask me about my reasons for becoming a rogue.

"Um.. About seven months ... Why?" I ask trying to bury the memories of what happened before I became a rogue.

"You don't have the scent of a rogue." She says calmly.

"What?" I ask shocked. "How come? Aren't banished wolves supposed to have a rogues scent immediately after they cut off all ties with their pack?"

"Indeed! My wolf accepted you the minute you set foot in the council meeting. That's strange because she has never ever acted calm towards a stranger before." She says.

"I really wish I k-" I stop when I smell something familiar.

I raise my head up and sniff the air trying to locate the smell and where I've scented it before.

"April!" I hear Esmy call me but I don't reply because I might lose the scent if I lose focus.

"Do you smell that?" I ask her after a few minutes.

"Unless its food then no I don't." She says. "Wait, what are you smelling?"

"Rogues."

Or to be more specific the rogues that attacked me.

______________________________________________

Hey guys!

I hope you liked it.

I'm sorry the update is kinda late.. I've been super busy I'm sorry..

If you do like this book then please don't forget to vote for it in the Brownie Awards 2018.

You can do this by searching for the book called : Brownie Awards 2018 and then go to the chapter that reads vampire/werewolf and then put an inline comment on this book that reads: +1.

I really can't do this without the help of my amazing readers , so please vote😊😊😊

Although, its still okay if you don't though.

Don't forget to vote and comment so that I know what you're thinking.🙂🙂

PS. Thanks so much for 4.2k+ reads!! Love you guys !!❤❤❤

Love ,

Alegna