53. cracks

Ella and Milo were sat in her apartment watching Milo's favourite film. Ella didn't care much for the film but she cared for Milo so she endured it.

"Hey babe, guess what." He piped up after an hour of silence. Ella snapped out of the daydream she was in and smiled at his voice.

"What?"

"I met with this director today, guess who it was" he grinned, she shrugged not wanting to guess.

"Who?"

"Harry Worthfield." He answered, Ella's eyes widened. He was a really well known director that Ella had always dreamed of working with.

"Wow, you didn't tell me that" she laughed awkwardly, she thought that would something he would tell her beforehand. He knew how much she adored his work.

"Yeah well I didn't want to get your hopes up." He shrugged it off, now Ella was confused.

"My hopes?" She repositioned herself on the sofa so she was kneeling next to him.

"Yeah because the meeting was about both of us. He thinks he has a role for both of us." He grinned, Ella squealed with excitement and jumped onto Milo's lap. Milo had a devilish smile on his mouth as he stared up at the girl on top of him.

"How? When? Are we meeting with him?" She asked excitedly. Her hands placed themselves on his face and he smiled up at her.

"I've already met with him, he just wants to meet you now to talk about the role and stuff." He explained, Ella kissed him hard.

"When?" She asked, his smile grew wider. His hands ran along her sides, running over her boobs and finally placing them on her thighs.

"Well, he's got us tickets to New York to meet him there." The mention of New York struck fear in Ella's heart. Her smile faded which Milo noticed. "Isn't that great? You can see Lexie!" He tried to hype her up. He believed it was a great thing.

"Yeah that's great. Thank you." She smiled her best again and kissed him hard again. He pushed her hair back before running his hands down to her bum. They were interrupted only by Milo's phone. Ella stopped kissing him and rolled off, assuming he would answer the phone.

"Hello?" He answered, looking at Ella who was clearly not thrilled. "Right okay. I'll be there soon." He hung up and then looked at Ella.

"You'll be there soon?" Ella asked. He opened his mouth to try and help himself but he couldn't.

"I need to go, Danny needs my help." He held his hands up as if he had no other choice. He leant over and kissed Ella's head. "I'll be back before midnight!" He yelled as he left.

Ella just sat in silence for a while after he left. There wasn't a moment that she could relate to that meme 'disappointed but not surprised' more.

She assumed he would home before midnight like he had said so she did some e-mails, put parks and recreation on in the background and waited.

Midnight passed, she was angry but gave him until one am before she got pissed. Of course, one am came and went and he was still not here.

She could only work for so long so she decided to lay down on the sofa and scroll through Instagram. There was nothing interesting really until she reached one of Milo's friends posts.