Chapter 12: Girl's Trip

Xavier's POV

I woke up with a warm body pressed against mine and looked down to see Alina sprawled over my chest as my arms held her close. I think back to last night. After the party ended much later in the night, she invited me to spend the night with her and we came up to her room, cleaned up and cuddled on the bed, talking for hours until we fell asleep.

I reached over to grab my phone and check the time. Shit, I was late for border patrol. I carefully removed Lina and replaced myself with a pillow, she stirred but fell right back to sleep.

As quietly as I can, I head to the bathroom to take a quick shower and put on a spare set of clothes Jase brought over last night. I looked over to Alina one last time before I left. She curled into herself, keeping warm under the thick blanket and I smiled at how cute she is. I decided to leave her a note, so I quickly scribbled down one and put it on the pillow next to her and gave her a light kiss on the forehead before heading out.

The guys and I are pretty nervous about today. We decided that we would plan our official first dates with our girls and set everything up to be perfect. I just hope it goes on without a hitch.

Alina's POV

I wake up to the sun's warmth radiating through the open balcony doors and the cool wind pleasantly caressing my skin. Reaching for my phone from the bedside table I check the time; It's 10am. I don't have anything planned to and was hoping to spend it with Xavier but he's not here. I pull my blankets up and toss onto my side when I hear the unmistakable crunch of paper. Sitting up confused, I notice a note on my pillow with Xavier's mouthwatering scent clinging to it.

Good morning my love

I apologize for not being there when you woke. I do wish I had the pleasure of waiting to see you open those mesmerizing blue eyes but sadly, duty calls at Blood Moon. You look adorable when you sleep though and I just didn't have the heart to wake you.

I shall definitely see you later xx

Xavier

Aww. He's just too cute sometimes, I think to myself as I hold the letter to my chest with a big grin.

I head for the shower and get ready for the day. Just as I got out of the closet, my door burst open and two unexpected lovable idiots sashay in.

"Sup homeslice." Thea greeted theatrically.

"Homeslice? Really Thea?" questioning her with a chuckle as Riley facepalms herself, muttering under her breath.

"So what brings you homies into my room?" I teased.

"Well we realized that we haven't had girl time in forever. Classes are slamming us, then we got caught up with the guys and we miss our coffee dates. So I decided that we should go out today, just the three of us. Besides, Jase is busy with his dad today, so it's the perfect opportunity," Riley says with a shrug and Thea nods in agreement, looking at me expectantly.

"Yeah, now that I think about it, we haven't in a long while." I mused to myself. "Do you guys want to go to Mimi's Cafe and have breakfast there?" I inquire.

"Oh my goddess, yes! I've been craving their chocolate volcano cake for ages," Thea squeals at the prospect.

"Nah, their hummingbird cake is where it's at," I think back to the last time I tasted a morsel of the deliciousness before Jase shoved it into his big mouth.

"So what are we still doing here? Let's go!" Riles shouts in excitement and walks out the door.

We got outside and hopped into Riley's awaiting Jeep. Just as we were about to pull away a half-dressed figure appeared out of the forest right next to us. "Where do you think you're going?" Jason asks while raising his eyebrows sassily.

Thea rolled her eyes at her older brother's protectiveness, "We're having breakfast at Mimi's and a girls' day," She informs him with an innocent smile.

"Aw man I love Mimi's, but I can't cancel on that thing with dad today," He says forlornly but his expression changes in an instant as he turns to me in the passenger seat. "Hey Ali, the bested, most amazing friend in the world. Would you mind doing your big bro a tiny little favour?" he asks hopefully.

"What do you want Jase, you're holding us up?" I ask suspiciously.

"Nothing much, just bring back a piece of the delicious hummingbird cake back for me and I won't mention to the Luna that it was you who put the flour in her hairdryer last month, she still thinks it was one of Riley's cousins." he blackmails with an innocent look.

"Why you little rat, you wouldn't dare," I glared at him through the open window.

"Try me," he smirks, knowing he's got me there. My mother is still out for blood.

"Fine you little shit. Be warned, you might get your cake but you'll never know if it's been tampered with before it gets to you." I grin evilly at his horrified expression as Riley accelerates into the direction of Mimi's.

"And that's how it's done ladies." I lean back with a satisfied smile and the girls dissolve into laughter and poor Jason's expense.