Chapter 22 : Burps and Farts (BLAME)

Can't be sleepin'
Keep on wakin'
Is that the woman next to me?
Guilt is burning
Inside I'm hurting
This ain't a feeling I can't keep

So blame it on the night

Blame, Calvin Harris

*
*
Present

I shifted from one leg to the other, repeating the speech I made. She was washing the dishes while dad helped her. Should I? Shouldn't I?

" Mom. "
Both looked towards me.

" Oh Hey Ashley. Did you need something? And if it's about that ice cream then no, you're not getting any. The wedding dre-" , I cut off my mom.

" Actually, I was thinking that umm, that.... umm... ", I stuttered.

"Ashley is something wrong?", my dad asked concerned.

" Why don't we invite the Andersons on Saturday. ", I said in one breath.

My mom rushed towards me and immediately put her palm on my forehead, " Are you okay, Ashley ? You know what sweetheart, you can have that ice cr-"

" No mom! I just want the two families to spend time together. I want to build a foundation. And I think that this is the best time to do so. ", I finished with a fake smile.

" See Harry? I told you she loves Liam and that she will finally fall back into this marriage. Oh my dear Ashley. ", she hugged me tight.

This was when the guilt kicked in. I managed a smile that looked real and went back to my room. I lied down while listening to mom's chatter on the phone. I'm sure that was Natasha. She sounds so excited.

Suddenly my phone buzzed and the ID showed none other than ' Devil'.

"It's ten at night. Shouldn't little boy be asleep ?"

"I wish I could but I first have to know what's your plan? "

" My plan? ", I tensed up.

" Mrs. Payne just called and invited us to dinner on Saturday. And she specifically told us that it was your idea to invite us. So, what's cooking? "

" Really Liam? I just asked y'all to dinner, it isn't like I told you jump off the roof. Just like old times.  "

A long silence.

" Okay. If that's what you're saying. But if I find one thing awkward on Saturday,  you know what I will do. "

" Of course." , I gulped.

Cutting the call , I went to sit beside my window. He wouldn't do anything. Cause it'll all be the parents whom I need to prove to. It'll be fine.
*
*
*
*
*
Saturday

Dressing up is probably the worst part of a dinner party. Woah woah, don't be triggered. It is for ME.

Well, if I need to piss the Andersons off, I need to wear this. Miranda bought this extremely short dress and I'm sure half my boobs will be on the show. I've never felt more awkward and uncomfortable.
The cleavage cut was deeper than usual and I felt horrible and dirty in it. I'm not used to wearing stuff like this.