Chapter 32

Kyra's PoV

"There has to be!" I exclaimed whilst throwing my hands up "mum made it secluded so no boys in the pack would come and attack Jaimin"

"Yeah that's the only reason" dad muttered. I sighed and sat down "I get what you mean Kyra but everyone in the pack is loyal. I don't know why they would betray us for the vampires"

"Dad it's kelelm we are talking about, he's the son of the dark moon goddess. He has his ways" I put my head in my hands "there has to be a spy"

"But no one knew about your heat for safety reasons" dad said whilst rubbing his forehead "just your mother and I, gabe and your little group of friends"

"All people I trust" I replied

I looked up at dad when he went quiet, he sighed "Kyra you barely know these boys and your putting your trust in them"

"I knew leya for years and put my trust in her and look what happened" I rolled my eyes "maybe someone just worked out the dates and absences in school and put two and two together"

"That's also a possibility" dad nodded "we'll go with that for the time being"

I nodded "we should also tighten up security and question the rouges we caught, they might know something about vampire sightings. Also tell members of the pack to report the same thing- what are you smiling about?"

My dads smile widened "I don't know if I'm the alpha or you are." I froze in shock "I think you're ready to claim your alpha status"

"Really?" I asked in a mere whisper

He nodded "I'm so proud of you"

I went to say something but was interrupted by "uncle Paul! Your wife is bullying me!" To which I rolled my eyes.

Dad send me a cheeky grin "that's my girl!" He shouted back. That's when we heard gabe rant about favouritism "we should go see what's happening before your mother marches in here"

I gave a nod and walked out the room followed by my father. When we arrived in the living room it looked like a regular seasonal holiday. This is what I grew up to. My mother planning hard on her party's.

"Looks a little smaller than last year" I commented

I heard my mum gasp "it does! Jaimin we cant finish now!"

Jaimin turned to me with a look of betrayal to which I replied with a smirk.

"Well I guess it can wait until after lunch" dad said behind me "what does everyone fancy"

I hummed in thought and shrugged "sandwich"

"Cheese and crackers!" mum exclaimed waving her hands whilst jumping up and down.

"An apple" Jaimin said simply.

We all turned to him "it's lunch time not bloody snack time" dad replied

Mum gasped "how about a picnic?"

"In autumn?" I asked in bewilderment "that's like ice cream in winter"

"It'll be fun. We'll go to mr barracks field" dad replied walking in front of me.

Mum walked up to him "and we can have a cracker platter"

"I wanna go to subway though" I replied

"With grapes!" Mum exclaimed totally ignoring me

"And some wine, Kyra's eighteen now so it's legal" dad said

"You know what, me and Jaimin will be in the car whilst you pack up your lunch" I said whilst grabbing Jaimins hand and walking out of the house whilst grabbing the keys of my dads car.

I quickly walked over and unlocked it, then jumped in the back seat. Jaimin jumped in on the other side. I turned to him when I felt his gaze on me.

"What?" I asked

"Are you okay?" He asked, a lot of concern leaking from his question

I nodded "yeah I'm okay, why did you ask?"

"Well ever since we left the hotel you have been sending my wolf distress signals" he sighed and looked down at his lap for a second before looking back up at me "was it what happened the night with the hotel worker"

My face softened "no, don't you ever think that. I would never be afraid of you" I sighed and looked down at my lap "I wish I could tell you, I really do but I can't Jaimin"

"Just promise me it's not something dangerous?" He asked

"I promise" I said even though I had a finger crossed. He simply nodded then looked down to his lap.

Do something idiot! Tala screamed at me.

So I did the first thing I could think of, I grabbed both sides of his face and kissed him, he instantly kissed back. My hands slowly went to his hair and started to play with it.

His hands started gliding down to my waist, without realising I was on his lap, he suddenly stopped kissing my lips and attacked my neck, I sucked in a harsh breath.

"Jaimin!" I moaned

"Oi!" Someone was banging on the car window. I quickly jumped off Jaimin to see my father glaring at us with my mum smiling widely in excitement, i rolled my eyes sat on the other side of the car.

Apparently that wasn't good enough as my dad marched into the house and came back out dragging gabe by the ear before shoving him into the middle of both Jaimin and I.

I huffed "lovely" I muttered

"Why am I Here?" Gabe asked in confusion.

"Because you are. ok?" dad snapped then started the car.

Mum turned around to face us "your dad called marcus and Nigel they'll be coming along with their families"

Great more awkwardness I thought inwardly. Now I have to deal with leya and Ameera growling at each other

 Now I have to deal with leya and Ameera growling at each other

And the plot thickens....

So what do you thinks happening?

Do you think there's a mole? And if yes, who?

Or do you think it's just coincidence?

Let me know, I love hearing your opinions ☺️

Casey 🤪