C H A P T E R 17

NIGHT OF FIRSTS

KAI

Words left me. I could not grasp any words in the dictionary to tell her how I felt. Not even a 'maybe'. I was afraid she'd be angry with me for not answering her in kind. However, she just laid there and looked like she was mulling things over too. For a minute, my heart ached.

No. Not my heart.

It was Arrah's.

I felt it. The feeling may have been so intense that it made its way towards me across the bond. I've hurt her yet again.

What do I say?

"I'm going to kiss you, Ms. Randale." She was giving me a fair warning lest I push her away.

I stayed still as she leaned in for a kiss. It felt like forever 'til I felt her lips. Not a hint of uncertainty or reservation, Arrah gave me a full-on searing kiss.

There was nothing more I could do to stave off the hunger I held at bay earlier. It came crashing like a tidal wave—react or drown. I chose to react.

Our kissing never broke as I pulled the blanket off and got on top of her. I held her to me as I sat us up then caught the hem of her shirt and took it off her in a flash.

The scar on her chest greeted me. On my knees, though I straddled her, I found my fingers tracing the scar that marred her pale skin. I might as well have been the one who drove the knife through her. I fought to protect another woman and left her at the mercy of the enemy.

"I can heal others' wounds and fix it like it was never there. But I can't do shit about mine," she chuckled. "Not much of a healer. It's pitiful."

"I'm so—" She stopped me with a kiss and got me out of my t-shirt.

"No more talking."

Arrah unclasped my bra and I worked to remove hers. Her breasts spilled out of their restraints and stood out gloriously in front of me. I feasted on them like a hungry beast as I fell on top of Arrah who was lying flat on the bed. She had her hands on the zipper of my jeans. Once unzipped, I undid the rest and pulled it off. My lips continued to ravage her pert young breasts as I undressed as quickly as I could while maintaining contact.

"Yes, please." I heard her moan repeatedly. "More. Touch me more."

I rid her of the other articles of clothing that hid her beautiful body from me. My heart was pounding, as she laid naked before me. Shit. I got lucky.

Arrah had a hand around my nape and crushed her lips on mine. My hands found their way back on the soft swell of her breasts. I felt her gently bite down on my lip as I had both her nipples in between my fingers. When she released my lips from hers, I swooped down, captured a tender nipple, and suckled.

All the while, Arrah's hands roamed my body like a woman on her very first expedition. Her cold fingertips ran over my skin and left no curve untouched. Had I purely relied on my leg power alone, I would have fallen. My knees buckled as I felt her finger trace my wet folds.

"You're so wet, Ms. Randale." I groaned as Arrah got me off her nipples just to whisper those words.

"And so are you." Taking her finger away, I returned the favor by pulling her pussy lips apart. I licked my fingers before joining my other hand down her cherry. Arrah arched up to receive my fingers in.

I tore through her hymen in one swoop but I simultaneously bit down on her neck to mark her again. The ecstasy brought by the bite and filling her up dulled the pain. I could feel a trickle of her blood on my fingers.

Mine!

I didn't begin moving inside her until she started slowly moving all on her own. "More...please. Make love to me," she begged.

Taking long sensual licks on the neck I have marked twice, I gave in to her request and moved my fingers in and out of her tight heat. Her legs opened wider to give me better access and I did not disappoint. Pleasuring her as my ultimate goal, I plunged in and out of her in wanton abandon.

Arrah could only hold on to me as I continued to lavish her with my attention. She was writhing and pushing back against my hand, returning each of my strokes. My room was soundproof so any wolf within hearing distance wouldn't be scandalized to hear my mate make such erotically lovely noises. Her mewling cries spurned me on as I doubled my efforts to show her just how much having her made me so happy.

Tonight was all about Arrah so I stopped her from trying to turn the tables on me. Not that she could do me. She was so busy having to feel me in her and my lips and tongue on her to fight me over control. Mewls turned into louder moans, she was undone.

Teaching her about this was a wonderful thing. She was a delight. Her reactions were not forced. Though she tried to hold back, I could always coax her to break out. The first three times she came was by my hands. The fourth time she did when I got down on her.

By now, I was about ready to explode. So when I felt her move her fingers down to penetrate my soaking core, it only took a few strokes before I opened myself up for release. I was not alone then, I made sure to bring her up to an explosive orgasm with me.

I settled beside her and she snuggled her naked back to me. Splendidly spent, I made slow languorous strokes on her stomach. Touching her was therapeutic. She calms me.

We lay like that for minutes until I decided to brave the silence and speak.

"Give me a chance. We will work this out. I will learn to love you." I promised her. Her back pressed against me, I pulled her closer and hugged her tighter. "For you, I can change."

"Don't!" She released this deep sigh and then she slowly shook her head, "You don't have to."

"You can trust me on this—I'll try to make it better for us." I was supposed to provide for her; give her everything she wanted and be everything she needed. I would show her. "I'll do it for you."

"Don't change."

"Arrah..." She turned and faced me. Hair beautifully messy and eyes adorably droopy, she gave me a soft peck on my nose before she kissed me on the lips.

"Don't change. You do not have to force yourself into feeling things for me. I'm counting on you to stay as you are," she said. "Do as I say. Do it for yourself."

"Is this about earlier?" I asked. Because I chose to keep quiet and not answer her question.

"No."

"It can't be done overnight. I can't  just sleep it off and wake up one day falling madly and deeply in love with you just like that. Give me time."

"I know." With a look that I could not decipher, she kissed my cheek. "I know but I prefer how things are right now."

She would rather have me like this.

I was a far better woman and partner to Olivia. I can be the best for her. I know I can. I know I have it in me. I was made for Arrah after all.

I was about to open my mouth and argue my case but she beat me to it. "Don't change," she said.

"Is this some selfless crap you're trying to pull?" I would not have that. I would be taking responsibility for claiming her.

"You think I'm being selfless? You got it so wrong," she chuckled. "I'm being selfish just by laying here with you tonight. This is me being very, very selfish at the moment, Ms. Randale."