Sophie

* this story is not mine *

Jennifer and I are blessed to have a 6 year old Shih Tzu named Sophie. She is such a laid back caring dog that seems to have a connection to both Jennifer and I. She can tell when either or both of us are upset or mad. She'll be there to give comfort for those reasons or to give aid if we are not feeling well.

Ever since we have been at our current location, Sophie has had to deal with our "situation". Over the past four years we have seen her tucking her tail and running from one room to the other. As if something is poking/biting her. We, of course, will pick her up and examine her to make sure she is not being bitten by any pest.

Other times the three of us will be relaxed watching a show and she will raise her head up and growl at a different part of the room. And Sophie doesn't growl at all except in this type of thing.

All of the floors in the house are the laminated hardwood floors which Sophie finds completely ridiculous. She is unable to find any kind of grip if she finds the need to accelerate for either play or retreat. She reminds me of the cartoons as the characters run in one place, for a couple seconds, before they take off. We can usually tell when something poked her by the sound of her paws/claws make when this happens.

After about the second to third week after moving into the house we woke to the sound of this coming from the living room in the middle of the night. But it sounded like several Sophie's. As in more than one. We were flabbergasted. We were certain it wasn't her because she was right there in bed with us. This continued off and on for several weeks. On two different occasions I got up to investigate only to have it stop as soon as I turned the corner to see in that room. It eventually slowed to the point of a couple times a month, then to just every now and then. (It actually woke Jennifer up last Friday morning about 4am.)