Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven - Chaos

It was the middle of the day when everything went to shit.

Sage, Vito, Corbin and I were in the cinema room watching a comedy film when Ben walks in with a grave expression. Everyone, except Vito, protests loudly when he turns it off. I stare up at him in confusion, wondering what's wrong. He stands in front of the screen and looks directly at Sage. 

"Montgomery's outside." Is all he says before she's running out the door.

As soon as she leaves, Ben smirks devilishly. "Asher's going to kill him."

"I hope he lets me have a turn, I've been wanting to skin him alive." Vito chuckles darkly, pulling out one of his daggers and running a finger on the side of the blade.

Shaking my head in disapproval, I hurry out the door and follow the sound of arguing. I hear Vito and Corbin follow behind with Ben in tow, both asking him questions on why Sage ran out like that. I'm guessing they don't know that Helios is her mate and since Ben was with her during the wedding, he and I must be the only ones aware.

Reaching the main sitting room, I see a man standing opposite Asher. He has light brown hair with green eyes and a lean build. He looks to be younger than Asher and the boys, close to Sage's age. I immediately assume it's Helios and it's only confirmed when I catch Sage's panicked look as she fights the urge to go to him.

"Sage." He greets, his stern expression melting into a tender look at the sight of her.

Asher notices this and grabs her arm, pulling her behind his back. "Sage, go to your room please."

Although Asher speaks gently to her and it's clear that his anger is directed on the man in front of us, Helios doesn't seem to like it. His eyes brighten in fury, fists clenching as his gaze flickers between the two siblings.

"She's not going anywhere."

"And who the fuck are you to decide that?" Asher scoffs, Sage waving her hands wildly behind him to stop Helios from saying anything.

But Helios chooses to ignore her and smirks instead. "Sage is my beloved and I've already claimed her."

Claiming a beloved in the vampire world is the equivalent of marking and mating in the werewolf world. I had read that it involves drinking each other's blood and allowing their essences to mix so that everyone can smell if a vampire is taken. Different scents are easy to recognize in a person, even if you aren't from the same race. But I never smelt another scent on Sage, which makes me think that she covered it up somehow. And judging by Asher's reaction, he didn't notice either.

"You what?!" He roars, making everyone else wince at the sheer volume.

"Helios!" Sage yells in anger and embarrassment while I scream Asher's name when he pounces on him.

Everything turns to chaos and everyone scrambles to try and break the two apart. Sage tries to pull Helios away but Ben stops her before she can, shooting her a warning glare. They are using all their strength and power to hurt each other; punching, kicking and breaking furniture. Vito and Corbin are suddenly thrown back when they try to pull them off each other, smashing into the wall and cracking it because of the force used.

Panicking, I call Asher's name and beg him to stop but he doesn't listen. And before I can register my actions, I grab his arm before he can advance towards Helios and end up teleporting us to his office. He looks around in confusion before realizing what I did, grabbing my arms tightly.