Eugene

As nights passed, Eugene was assigned for patrolling in the night. He has a flashlight to see in the dark and his sword.. Just in case of emergencies. He passed by every house including Tris' house.

He went to the garden and sat on the bench. He looked at the stars and said to himself, "Why is this world so cruel?"

He turned off his flashlight since the whole garden had lamps. He just looked at the stars.. Until.. He remembered what happened the last time they went in Edna's office.

"My mother worked with the CSD... She was one of the doctors who... Did the virus.."

Eugene remembered the times before the virus came...

He was just there in his house, with his little sister who watched cartoons, his mom cooked their favourite food and his dad who went home stressed. It was great! They talked to each other, laughed, and enjoyed every second!—— Just then, someone banged the door screamed for help.

His dad opened the door and saw a woman covered with blood then... A zombie jumped beside her, his dad closed and locked the doors and told everyone in the house to stay put and don't panic.

"Honey what was that?" Eugene's mom asked.

"I-I don't know.. Turn on the news." His dad said.

They watched the news and just in time, the headline said, "Zombies All Over"

"Mommy I'm scared!" His sister cried.

His mom hugged her and said, "It's alright Riley. We're here with you.."

"Eugene, follow me." His dad said.

Eugene and his dad went in the garage. "Hold this." His dad gave him a first aid kit and a long knife.

"What are we gonna do?" Eugene asked.

"We're gonna survive.. But we won't survive, if we just stay here in our house. We'll be out of food one day and we'll starve." His dad said.

"How can you be so.. Brave? Aren't you scared?"

His dad looked at him in the eyes and said, "I am scared... But being afraid won't save you. We'll be doing this together, Eugene. Alright?"

"Alright."

"Now take these up there and get ready."

Eugene nodded and went back.

They prepared themselves and headed out. It seemed quiet, not like the last time.

A few minutes later, they saw 1 zombie walked straight to them. Riley held their mom's hand because of fright. Their dad tried to kill it but it was still alive, until Eugene hit for the head. He killed it.

"So hit for the head? Great information." His dad said.

Days passed by, they scavenged for food, lived in empty people's houses. They knew they were gonna survive, until they saw the CSD.

"Honey, we'll be saved!" His dad said happily.

"Really?" His mom asked.

"There's a member of the CSD just down the street. We can go now and ask for help!"

Eugene knew how supportive his dad is. Mostly when it comes to CSD.

"Are you sure dad?" Eugene asked.

"This is our only chance! Come on!" His dad said.

All of them went out of the house and approached the CSD.