Chapter 24

Vote and comment with feedback! What do you guys think about Aubrey now? :)

Chapter 24

                By the beginning of the fourth month of Clarice’s pregnancy, her baby bump was starting to show. It was no longer a secret that Clarice was pregnant, because one glance at her stomach, and you could see the small bulge that was poking from her lean belly.

                She stopped throwing up a week ago, but her cranky mood swings and strange cravings for carrots dipping in barbecue sauce were still there.

                “I get to find out if it’s a boy or girl in another month.” Clarice beamed. “Oh my God, I hope I get a boy first.”

                I raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

                Clarice smirked. “If I ever had a baby girl, her big brother can beat the shit out of anyone that hurts her.”

                I let out a snort of laughter, as I stared at Clarice with amusement. “Do you have any idea what you want to name your boy yet?”

                Clarice twisted her lips, as she took a moment to think about it. She finally shrugged, letting out a defeated sigh. “No, not yet.”

                I gave her a weak smile. “You still have time.”

                Clarice let out a low laugh, rolling her eyes. “Not a lot of time. Can you believe it? Four months have passed already. I’ve been having a baby growing in my stomach for four months now.”

                I spaced off, thinking about everything that’s happened in the past four months. First off, I met Hayden, who became my best friend and Alex, who became the man that I was sure that I was in love with. Then, I reconciled with Clarice after finding out that she was knocked up. And most of all, I finally left my father. I left that place that I once called home and the person I used to call my daddy.

                “I guess a lot has happened these past four months, huh?” I let out a bitter laugh.

                Clarice gave me a small smile, if she knew exactly what I was thinking. I remember when we were little, we were both convinced that we had twin telepathy. “For the better though, right? Everything happened for the better.”

                I raised an eyebrow. “Even getting pregnant?”

                Clarice smiled, shrugging innocently. “I guess so. I mean, if I never got pregnant, then we would’ve never become friends again, right? And I would’ve never Damian and them all.”

                I smiled, lacing my arm through Clarice’s. I let out a laugh, as I nodded, feeling a warmth in my heart. “Right, Clarice. You’re so right.”

                Later that night, after I finished taking a shower, I crawled into bed with Alex. The cool comforter covered the two of us, as Alex’s arms snaked around my waist, pulling my back into his bare chest. I couldn’t help but feel my cheeks turn warm, and even though the room was dark, my cheeks were red enough for Alex to see.

                “You’re so cute when you blush.” He smirked, his hot breath tickling my ear.

                I gulped, as I bit down on my lower lip from smiling. I rolled my eyes, letting out an unattractive snort. “I was not blushing.” I lied, turning around so that I faced him. I poked his hard chest with my index finger. “You, sir, need to put on a shirt.”