The Battle Commences

Chapter 9

"Damian! Luke, wake up!" Lumina hissed. She and Ashleigh had been trying to wake the boys up for fifteen minutes now. It was time, but these idiots would not even get up. Because she had to take them along with her tonight, all four of them had crashed in her and Luke's bedroom. Damian and Luke were snoozing on the couches.

"Shh.... It's alright....just a nightmare." Luke murmured in sleep. This infuriated the girls further. "We are not the ones having a nightmare, but you two will if you do not get up! So get. The hell. OUT OF BED!!" Ashleigh shrieked and both sisters smirked when they instantly sat up.

"WHAT?!" they yelled in unison. "It's time to go, you sleepy-heads." Lumina calmly replied with an expressionless face, knowing it would irritate them. Serves them right.

Minutes later, Damian stepped into a room which Lumina called the lair, along with his cousins-and stared in awe.

"Woah.... You weren't kidding when you said this place is high tech!" he exclaimed, but she just good-naturedly, rolled her eyes. As he picked up a device, the room's lights flickered and there he was. Adrian, looking exactly like Damian's eldest cousin. Suddenly, he felt the fury surge up within him. But there was a hand on his arm; it was Luke, signalling him to calm down.

To be honest, Damian was not to blame for getting angry. Ashleigh herself, was finding it hard to control the urge to punch the living daylight out of this sick imposter.

Nevertheless, she managed to keep her cool and was surprised to see how composed her big sister was as she spoke, "Hello, Jake. I'm not alone tonight."

"Mhm. I can see that. Good to see you all."

"Same here, brother."

"Yup."

"Yeah."

"Anyway, Jake they came because we have news."

"Oh? And what may that be?"

"We are ready."

"W-What? No...it's too soon..."

"Is there a problem Jake? Something you would like to tell us?"

"Huh? Oh u-uh no! Good job....."

"Thanks."

"Y-Yeah....well, hurry along now..!"

"See you soon."

"Bye."

Lumina gestured them to move and quickly, all three of them walked out of the lair. The moment they stepped out of Jake's bedroom, she rushed to Ace's office, while Damian, Luke, Ashleigh and Kuromi went to collect their weapons.

"Ace, it is done." Lumina stated. Ace looked up to see his sister, and ruffled her hair affectionately. "I'm proud of you, my brave little girl.....Okay everyone! Get ready. It is time to put an end to this mess, once and for all!" He spoke with determination.

He truly did feel proud after seeing the courage and strength in these children, who had their hearts and minds set on stopping the evil being conducted by the Engrandes.

. . . . . . .

Gavin quickly equipped his gun and sword. Then, he helped Luke in loading his own. Finally, all seven of them stood in front of the entrance of the chambers, divided into two groups; Lumina, Ashleigh and Damian on one side while the rest of them on the other. This was it.

"Let's go everyone. Ace, Rin, Kuromi, Luke and I will take the path through the forest. You three take the ones from the ancient lake." Gavin instructed.