Chapter 12

After a long and boring meeting the leaders of Arkham decided that it would be best for Danielle's mental health if she permanently stayed in the same cell as Joker. As weird a thought as it is to put a mentally unstable traumatic young adult in the same cell as a insane probably bipolar maffia boss it was what they decided. It wouldn't be much of a move for the girl as she had been staying in his cell since the day her psychiatrist was killed but it still required a lot of paperwork.

Ever since she had arrived at the hospital the staff hadn't seen anything in her like what the police discovered. They didn't know if it was all an act or if it was something else but she had practically been an angel apart from some minor incidents.

They had gotten several complaints about a certain guard though from another guard called Johnny Kerem or as the pair called him Frost. If he'd brought it up before the Bob incident they surely would have laughed at him and said yeah right but after Bob anything was possible. The guard in question, Wicken Alp had gotten several complaints over the years but they had all been looked over because of two things; his parents donated a lot of money to the asylum and it was after all insane patients who complained and who knows what really happened. Sadly enough they couldn't do anything about him due to the first reason, they couldn't afford to lose the money.

The current owner of the asylum cared very much about his patients contrary to what his predecessor did who very much didn't give a shite about what happened to the people. Liam Arkham was a distant cousin to the last owner and he was a old and sickly man who could barely walk. He didn't have much time left and he knew it, the doctors knew it, everyone knew it.

He wanted to make sure that the conditions in Arkham would be at least a little bit better than it was before him and that someone good would take over from him when he passed. Most of the patients or prisoners or whatever were criminals and because of that not many people were enthusiastic to help them. Society wanted them to rot there but he knew that this place was just making them sicker and smarter than when they went in. One patient in particular who usually was as wild as a feral animal and rewarded their every "effort" to help him by scaring them and laughing had been very tame since Danielle had arrived. Not that he was any different during his sessions but he was much tamer in both his cell and outside when she was there. Except if someone did something to offend either him or her because then all hell would be loose.

--------------

Frost had helped his new bosses with decorating their cell, they didn't get a bigger one, no they were now sharing Jay's cell but they did get to move Danielle's bed in there so they didn't have to share the small twin bed.

"Now I can't play with Bartree anymore" She remarked sadly sitting leaned against the bars.

"Good" Joker remarked with shut eyes laying on one of the beds.

"Good? It's not good" She replied to his short answer annoyed.

"Oh but kitten it is because now I have you all to myself" He answered with one eye open glancing at her before closing it again. He did hate sharing his things and Danielle was without a doubt his as he was hers. Therefore he should get her attention and affections and not some redheaded freak who couldn't lie to save his life.

"Aww, you know you're my number one " She pouts, he was the only man she'd ever wanted to be with. He mumbles a "I better be, you're mine and I don't share".

It had been a week or so since she was finally released from Bob and she was doing great, she had bounced right back to herself a few days after. Unfortunately they did count his session notes as valid and was going to put her back on the electroshock therapy right after she met her new psychiatrist later this day. They had assured her that it was a female doctor this time and they had done a "very" careful background check on her. Jay went to his weekly session yesterday and would therefore be all alone in the cell when she went to hers (They had decided to lower her number of 3 sessions a week to 1).

Frost had after returning to them brought the good news, he had successfully brought the card to his men and they had begun planning their escape. She threw herself in his arms before quickly doing the same to Mr J and planting a big kiss on his cheek eyes glistening with happiness. Joker had been happy by the new since he had a wide grin on his face eyes shining with relief at the thought of escaping yet again.

Speaking of Frost, the man had just opened the couples cell and brought a very familiar jacket in front of Danielles face before helping her get into it. She gave J a peck on the cheek before following Frost and Wicken the latter of the two standing uncomfortably close to her.

It felt strange for Danielle to be brought down the same hallways as her two saviours did delivering her to the monster. She knew that she was supposed to feel something when she was walking down the familiar path but she didn't feel anything negative at all. She wasn't sure if she could feel anything entirely negative anymore.

Stopping in front of the red door Frost looks at her and she gives him a strong nod and he opens the door before stepping inside. Danielle followed him with no hesitation at all. She on her own this time sit down in the same chair that she'd been occupying everytime she was in this room.

The new psychiatrist, a middle aged woman with a small name tag saying Ms Trippel on it had a big smile plastered on her face but Danielle could smell the fear on her. She grins at that.

"Hello doctor" Danielle greets Trippel with the grin still on her face.

"Hello, Danielle. I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here" She didn't. "I'm going to be your new doctor and I will do my best to make you healthy again" Danielle didn't think of herself as sick, she wasn't sick so why would she need to get healthy. You can't cure someone who isn't sick.

"I'm not sick"

"I'm sorry that you think that but you are Danielle, why don't we start with some questions" The doctor states with a sad smile which was shaky due to the fear.

"I'm not sick" Danielle growl out.

"What do you remember of your stepfather, Robert" She asks the girl.

"Which one?"

"The one you killed"

"As I said, which one?" Her mother truly had the worst taste in men, they even had the same name.

"You killed both of them?" The doctor asks shaking as she writes down something on her paper.

"Yes, and Robert the 2nd's friend who interrupted me" Danielle answers in a duh tone.

"Why did you do it?"

"They deserved it, trust me" The younger girl says smiling a twisted smile.

"What did you do to them?"

"The first one I attacked during the night when my mom had a night shift at the hospital and then I tied him down in his bed. Then I took a big knife and slashed up his face and after that I cut his mouth up into a smile. He enjoyed it, he smiled and everything. " Danielle tells her new doctor as if they were talking about the weather.

"Then I stabbed him in the chest ten times and chopped him up into small pieces and fed to his mother's dog" Okay the last part wasn't the truth, she did feed him to someone but she would never do that to a dog.

"Okay" Trippel shakily mutters wondering why she signed up for this. She can see that the girl didn't regret any of the kills and these were just the ones she's admitted.

"Do you want to know what I did to the second one, I was sloppy on Robert the first but not on Robert the second." She tuts at herself.

"Why don't we save it for another day" The doctor tells her with a false smile clearly not wanting to hear anything else.

"Your loss" Danielle shrug.