Chapter 23 part 2

I had only taken a few steps outside of the gates when I was grabbed by someone and tossed into a black van, so cliché. I don't know what I expected to happen when I left the building, to just take nice walk down the road in a notoriously criminal area of a city full of scumbags? Nahh, I had kind of expected this to happen, in fact I was longing for some action in my life.

"Just so you know this is one of the most cliché and overused types of kidnapping there is, and you're even butchering that. You want to know what failure looks like? Take a look in a mirror" I told the men kidnapping me after they for the fifth time failed to correctly use the zip-ties. Really it's not that difficult, not that I'd help them kidnap me but still. It was almost sad.

"Shut up!" The failure barked at me with a red face and a dark glare in his eyes. He clearly didn't appreciate my joke. I in response of that rude command kicked him straight in the nose, if he didn't want me to kick him in the face he should have learnt how to use zip-ties."I'm going to get you back for that"

" Revenge is such a tricky business." I told him with a grin and another kick, this time aimed at his cheekbone. I was making a painting. "I find it rarely ends well, unless of course, you're me"

"I said shut up!" He yelled and stood up as straight as he could in the backseat of the van and smacked me right across the face.

The world goes dark and I can only feel pain, my ears rand and my head was spinning. That was one hard smack, I remarked in my head. I pushed myself up to the seat and placed a hand on the tender area, it burned and itched.

"Damn it, man, I'm just trying to lighten up the mood with some fun quotes but I get it. A show of force. You've made your point, let it go, for a friend, ah?" I chuckle, the newer generations of self proclaimed gangsters and criminals just isn't the same. Of course all generations say that about the younger ones and it was true that this one was without a doubt just inexperienced and would mature with time but it was still a bid disappointing.

"Mark" The man driving the van barked out at the one that was failing miserably at kidnapping me. At this point it wasn't even a kidnapping anymore because I could just walk out that door and just go poof, they're not doing anything to hold me against my will. "Make her shut up!"

I held up my hands mockingly in the air with a silly grin on my face. "Do you want me to tie myself up or do you think you can actually do it this time?"

That earned me another smack across each cheek. "Oh come on, those are love taps aren't doing anything" I teased him, I was asking for it by this point. This kidnapping is a joke, they can't even hit right. Did they even prepare anything for this besides their creepy-uncle-that-lures-children-into-his-van van and some zip ties they can't even use. Like c'mon you could have just gotten some rope since I obviously don't have any arm muscles left to break me out of it.

"Just... just be quiet and sit still. We'll be there soon anyways" Mark muttered with a defeated look on his face. He slumped down into his seat with a loud sigh, I almost felt bad for him. He'll learn eventually.

....

"And who are you?" I ask, dragging out the u as I stare at the short man in front of me.

After we had reached wherever they were supposed to kidnap me too they tried to haul me out of the car, that was when I realised that they had no arm muscles either, but they failed at that too so I had to awkwardly follow them with Andrew holding onto my sleeve. It was really quite pathetic.

"I'm Séan" He introduced himself with a small bow and a grin stretching from ear to ear. "You've met my brother Mark and Felix" Said brothers nodded at her with blank faces, they weren't as happy to be there as Séan seemed to be. Understandable since the whole ride here consisted of them failing to tie the zip ties. He had a nice irish accent, I noted, at least something with this meeting is nice.

"Oh yeah, they kidnapped me so of course I've met them" I deadpan with an eye roll. This had to be the most bizarre meeting of my entire life. "Is there a purpose to this or do you just want to play some cards until a very angry Joker comes to rescue me and kill you?"

"Straight to the point, I like it" Séan chuckled and glanced back at his brothers who were looking less than amused. "They say that murdering people is not a guilty pleasure, it just makes you guilty in court. We need your help"

I stared at him, dumbfounded and confused. "First of all, what's with the flamingo shorts, and second of all, you want me to kill someone?"

"What noo, we need your help with other things" He protested as if the idea was absurd to him.

"Too bad, this family make me want to murder people" I sarcastically smile at him, I wanted to go home. Sure this is exciting and all but I'm getting tired and all of my people energy is gone.

A loud ringtone filled the silent room and Séan cursed angrily.

"What?!" He barked at whoever was on the other line. I winced slightly, I could only imagine what the person on the other line was feeling like when the angry irishman spat curse after curse after curse at whoever he was talking to. "Screw you Billy!" He spat and then hung up the phone.

"Excuse that, Billy is... special. We need your help with planning a special something"

AN: There is absolutely no references of any kind in this chapter or any other chapter in any of my books. JK, I love playing catch the reference with you!