Admire

Tanjiro's Point Of View

The smell of sweet honey tickled my nose and dragged me out of bed. The blooming scent of tea whisked me up and carried me to the kitchen.

My bare feet touched the cold and hard floor of the kitchen. My nose twitched as the scent grew stronger. "Nezuko?" I asked, quite curious to know why she was awake at this time and active at that.

It felt early in the morning to me, despite not knowing the time. After a moment of silence and hearing my own soft voice carry itself around the apartment, I received a reply. "I'm afraid not. She went out shopping so I'm here to babysit you." A voice said.

But this voice wasn't Inosuke's. Nor the annoying and cowardly neighbor next door, this voice was different.

"You're frozen with fear right now, I can tell. But I'm not someone to be afraid of. I'm Giyuu Tomioka, I live a few doors down. I often see your sister walking alone to the market." He said. "So she entrusted me with babysitting you."

To be fairly honest, I was afraid of this new visitor. What if he knew Nezuko was a demon? What if he called the Federal Bureau of Demon Slayers? What if he was a demon slayer?!

"Do you have a job?" Were my first words to him and quite rude to say I may add. But he let out a soft chuckle. "I'm a retired slayer." He replied.

Retired. Yes. Good. I think.

I was going if he knew. But then that would've started a whole survey of questions. And even before I could, there a knock of the door.

"It's Nezuko!" I chimed, feeling myself smile with relief. "Let me answer it." Giyuu said, I heard his almost silent footsteps creep across the floor and to the door.

"Excuse me, Is Tamakaru here?" I heard Inosuke's voice. I felt my face practically burn with happiness. "Is who here?" Giyuu replied.

"Tch. Whatever." The door creaked open with a sudden force and I felt hands on my shoulders. "Takimaru, I need you to come over right now!" Inosuke now sounded a lot closer.

I placed my hands at his arms and smiled. "My name is Tanjiro, silly!" I laughed. "Right right. Whatever. Come on, Tajimbo." He pulled my hand and walked.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Giyuu's authoritative voice boomed. "We're....leaving, duh." Inosuke replied.

"Ah, maybe he's right, Inosuke. I should wait until Nezuko comes home before I leave." I said, a bit nervous myself.

"Lame." Inosuke muttered in response. "I'll stay here or whatever until she gets back." He said.

His soft hands guided me over to another section of the room, I could sense now that Inosuke must've sat down.

"Sit down." Inosuke said. But for a moment I felt a bit troubled. Because I couldn't see, I didn't know where it was safe to sit.

"Eep!" I jolted at the sudden touch of Inosuke's hands on my waist. "Sit down.." He said in a firmer tone. I nodded repeatedly and sat right where I was.

"You're somewhat close to the door so be careful." Inosuke said. I nodded and with the guidance of Inosuke's hands, I scooted closer up towards Inosuke.

As Inosuke let go of my hands, I faced downward as I spoke, "Are you wearing your hood today?" I asked with a careful voice.

"Actually.....no." Inosuke replied, I could hear that his voice was laced with a slight ounce of hesitation.

"Oh..." I faced back up and took my hand out. "Can I......?" I asked patiently.

Inosuke grabbed my hand, I felt a gasp escape my lips. He pulled my hand a bit before he halted.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STARING AT YOU BLANK EYED FREAK?!?!" Inosuke suddenly screamed.

I could hear Giyuu chuckle softly.

"LOOK AWAY OR SOMETHING!" Inosuke shouted.

I left a giggle go. "Inosuke," I said, trying not to rush him too much.

He pulled my hand further until it met with soft skin. My face burned with sudden heat. My heart seemed to stop then and there.

My hand crept up Inosuke's face. I felt his hair, so silky and soft. I inched down and felt his lips, his breath eased into my index finger.

Inosuke's hand held my wrist. "This....is getting weird." He said quietly. I nodded and pulled away. I felt a smile arise on my face as the heat on my face burned more.

"Hey Kentaro, Do you ever wish you could see?" Inosuke asked, yet again getting my name wrong.

The smile on my face faded. "All the time." I whispered. "Almost every second of the day." I said.

"Why?" Inosuke asked. "I think you're cool even without sight. And besides, you're like....one of the only people I ever let touch me." Inosuke continued.

I felt the sting of tears pierce my heart. "Really?" I whimpered. "You think....I'm cool?"

"Yeah yeah I know what I said. Please don't get all watery eyed and baby-ish." Inosuke said.

Without another thought, I leaped forward and fell onto Inosuke, wrapping my arms around his neck in a tight hug.

"Let me go you idiot!!!!!!"