Chapter 3

~Hostage~

Lauren's POV

My face held a shocked expression as fear travelled through my body.

What will they do to us?

"Lauren!" I heard my parents yell as my mom was in tears and my dad was holding her in his embrace as she cried.

"Mom!Dad!" I yelled as I looked back to the guy holding the phone.
"What do you want?" I asked lowering my voice.

"You." he said smirking at me.

"Ew,hell no." I said disgusted.

"Then your money." He added.

"Why?Do you just take some random people from the streets and then ask for money?Do you do this everyday?"
I asked with confidence trying not to show that I was pretty scared at this point.

"We actually don't.We've been wanting you for a while,though."
he said.

'Wanting you for a while'?
What is that supossed to mean?

He turned his phone back to him and just said "Bring 100 thousand dollars to *random location* on Monday at 7pm and she'll live.If you don't you'll deal with concequences." and with that last word he hung up not letting them say another word.

I sighed loudly and relaxed in my chair.

What am I going to do now?

"Feeling at home,huh,princess?" the guy asked still standing above me.

"I'm no princess to you." I said and just looked at him with a poker face.

The other guy just sat there not saying a single word since they came downstairs.

"We'll be gone for a while,hope you don't mind." the one closer to me said as if it mattered.

"I may run away." I said trying to get him to tell me if there's something I should be aware of.

"Well,you couldn't,because this guy" he said pointing to the guy sitting on a chair "is going to be upstairs and occasionally come down to check on you." with those words he walked up and left.

"Why are you so quiet?" I asked the guy who still hasn't moved one bit.

"Why would I talk?" he simply replied
"Are you hungry?Do you need water?" he asked as he stood up.

"Even if i was,how could I know you won't poison me." I said raising an eyebrow.

"Because,I'm here against my will and so are you. I'm doing this just because I have to and,trust me,I want to help you." he said in a quiet tone that was laced with sadness and sorrow.

I could sense how sad he was from meters away from me.

I couldn't help but feel bad for this guy.

"A glass of water wouldn't mind me."
I said with a soft smile.

He nodded and went upstairs.
Quickly,he came back with a glass of water and handed it to me.

My hands were still tied up behind my back and I definitelly could not drink water withouth my hands.

"Umm mind helping me out here?" I said as I glanced to my arms.

He quickly put the glass aside and came to untie my hands.

As he freed my hands I rubbed my wrists as they were all red and bruised from the rope.

"Don't tell my boss about this." he said with what seemed like a worried expression,since I couldn't see much as his mask was covering his whole face,except for his eyes and mouth area.

"That's your boss?" I asked.

"Yup."

"Wow,you're screwed." I added and he nodded smiling.

"I won't tell him,don't worry.Thank you." I said smiling at him.

*few hours later*

The guy who stayed home and I were downstairs talking.

And if he didn't lie to me,he has it tough.

The guy who was talking to me before,his boss apparently,makes him do all kinds of bad stuff.

Steal things,kidnap people,act rude,etc.

From what he told me I figured out that his parents left him when he was a baby. So this man found him and 'took care of him'.

He is all on his own.
He has no family that he knows of and he never met his parents before.

He wanted to escape this man so bad, but he is scared.

I promised that we'll get out of here together and alive with not a single scratch.

There was a loud bang on the door.

"Noen,van,now!" I heard a man scream as the guy grabbed my hands and pulled me upstairs.

"What's going on?" I asked and started to panic.

I got no response.
He just turned to smile at me and we continued speed walking.

We got to their van and I ended uobeing pushed in the back by the other guy.

He was driving while Noen and I,I think his name is Noen,were stuck in a trunk like back of the van.

"Your name's Noen?" I asked shyly.

"Yeah."

"Why wouldn't you tell me before?" I asked looking up at him.

"How could I know that you wouldn't call the police on me?"

"Oh,nonsense" I said waving my hand "We're almost in the same situation here and I want to help you.I want to get both of us out of here."

He smiled and nodded.

"Now" I asked putting my hands together "Why are we in here exactly?"

"The police."